Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Is there any other tall Bobber owners out there? I’m just under 6.4” and want to understand if I’m going to be too big for the Bobber or if there are tall riders of them out there living with them happily?

I did spot a mod a chap on here did that resulted in the seat being positioned a great deal further back than possible in standard form!

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don’t yet. The ones I tested where on another bobber not my own. But I’ll have my own hopefully soon so once I do I can show you unless someone buys my bike before then haha

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t yet. The ones I tested where on another bobber not my own. But I’ll have my own hopefully soon so once I do I can show you unless someone buys my bike before then haha

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC
I see... well that’s kind of the same boat that I’m in. I’ve actually put a deposit down on the new Bobber Black which ought to be here in April. I’m pretty confident it’s work for me but a little furthe research never hurts ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,328 Posts
I can't believe the forum modesty filter got me again! Just checking:

I visited the Hoover Dam yesterday
I visited the Hoover **** yesterday

Admins, can you make the modesty filter a bit less Sunday-schoolish, please?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't believe the forum modesty filter got me again! Just checking:

I visited the Hoover Dam yesterday
I visited the Hoover **** yesterday

Admins, can you make the modesty filter a bit less Sunday-schoolish, please?
Count yourself lucky your user name doesn’t read ******pasta! :grin2::wink2:

PS... all that you say is very true... looking forward to getting my hands dirty getting it just right!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Count yourself lucky your user name doesn’t read ******pasta! :grin2::wink2:

PS... all that you say is very true... looking forward to getting my hands dirty getting it just right!
jeez guys this is so American, anyone in your beautiful country can a buy enough guns to kill a whole village but swearing is a no go, wonder what is more dangerous some four letter words or an AK 47

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi all,

Is there any other tall Bobber owners out there? I’m just under 6.4” and want to understand if I’m going to be too big for the Bobber or if there are tall riders of them out there living with them happily?

I did spot a mod a chap on here did that resulted in the seat being positioned a great deal further back than possible in standard form!

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
6’4” black quilted seat, rear most position, works great for me, it’s comfy and I’m not cramped at all. :smile2:

However you should be aware like a Harley Sportster it is a small bike. Compared to my Mk1 900 Speed Triple it looks like a 650! But I guess that only adds to the retro appeal, in the past cars and bikes were smaller. >:)

·
Registered
690 Posts
However you should be aware like a Harley Sportster it is a small bike. Compared to my Mk1 900 Speed Triple it looks like a 650! But I guess that only adds to the retro appeal, in the past cars and bikes were smaller. >:)
Yep , I'll second that. Been asked quite a few times how big it is and when you say 1200 there is a lot of surprise, to be honest when i first saw one I wondered if someone had left a 125 outside the dealer's!

Never ever thought I'd buy one (slagged it off on the tiger forums at first), but 45m test ride and that was it.

Reactions: Mike J Commo

·
Registered
137 Posts
I’m 6’2” and I find it comfortable with the seat all the way back. With forward controls I find it very comfortable.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC
I'm 6ft4 and I have my seat all the way back. I also put forward controls on her, along with the high handlebars and now she is very comfortable for me. I can ride all day long now in comfort. Before, I did all of those changes, she was not as comfortable, as she is now. I find the high handlebars and the forward controls, along with moving the seat back far as it will go, are almost must if you're tall.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My stock seat and mono shock used to kill my back after two hours of riding. But after riding Cricket now for four years with the stock seat and the stock KYB mono shock. The seat and the mono shock have really mellowed out a lot. To the point now, that I can hit a bump and I can barely feel it. Plus I have a bad back also, but now days I can ride Cricket all day long without feeling any back pain at all, like I did when I first got her. Plus, having the seat all the way back along with the forward controls and high handle bars has really help out also. But, I'm really amazed at how much that mono shock and my stock seat are working together now. Making my ride so much more enjoyable and comfortable, than when I first got her.
I'll just throw this in also. I ride with a bunch of HD riders, along a few Goldwing riders and when ever we stop anywhere. I'm the one that people always come up to and say that's a really nice bike, how old is it. I say she's a 2018 Triumph Bobber with all the bells and whistles and she cost me a bunch of money, but she's worth every penny of it too. Then some people even ask me if, I want to sell her? To which I say no way, why would I want to do that for?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts