Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Corbin seat a few days ago. As I was installing the seat pan screws and nameplate I thought of an Idea. I would like to beg,borrow, pay, or steal a new nameplate with “Pappy G” Grandkids nick name instead of Triumph. Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just Google "laser engraving Lakeland Florida".

To control cost you may have to buy a little piece of stainless steel (or brass) at the hardware store, have the engraver burn it, then carefully shape and drill it yourself (trace the original). Ask to see a sample of their laser burned stainless first. It seems like fiber lasers burn stainless a lot darker black than CO2 ones do, plus the text is more durable. Not sure if that's also true with brass.

Good luck!

-GPz

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Laser engraving sounds like a great idea! In addition, I'm pretty sure that most trophy companies could make the whole thing for you. I've had trophy companies make small plaques/plates for some of my guitar cases and the plaques are very similar to the plate on the back of our seats.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I received my Corbin seat a few days ago. As I was installing the seat pan screws and nameplate I thought of an Idea. I would like to beg,borrow, pay, or steal a new nameplate with “Pappy G” Grandkids nick name instead of Triumph. Any thoughts or ideas?
If you end up with a spare (black) 'Triumph' logo name plate you don't want, give us a call. Looking for one for the back of my 'Lycet' style seat.

Cheerio and good luck with your project,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you end up with a spare (black) 'Triumph' logo name plate you don't want, give us a call. Looking for one for the back of my 'Lycet' style seat.

Cheerio and good luck with your project,

Roy
I will try to remember. It may be a few months from now because my fall schedule has me out of town a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts