Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am contemplating the bobber as a new bike, to replace my Royal Enfield. Just went yesterday to test ride one, and of course love the way it handled and accelerated. But the seat was a lot less comfy than I expected. Felt like it was pushing me forward on to my nads the whole time. But then again I was only on it for a very brief ride, and I wonder if anyone else has had that issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep in mind it's adjustable and you can slide it back. They also make several different seats for it.
Thanks, yeah, I am very interested actually in the "statement" seat (goofy name, but very cool seat). I'd be interested to here reports on how it feels, on its own or in comparison with the standard seat if anyone has ridden with both.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've found both the original seat and the "statement" seat are equally uncomfortable for me male parts when sitting squarely. Due to its shape on the original seat it were a bit difficult to move from side-to-side to relieve pressure on sensitive areas. The statement seat is easier to move side-to-side on though still uncomfortable. I'm looking to get a bit of lambs wool seat cover and see if that makes things better.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks, yeah, I am very interested actually in the "statement" seat (goofy name, but very cool seat). I'd be interested to here reports on how it feels, on its own or in comparison with the standard seat if anyone has ridden with both.

I started with the original seat and changed to statement seat at 1,000 miles. Original seat is much more comfortable in my opinion. Love the look of the statement seat but it's good only for short rides. Lucky for us it's quick and easy to hanger seats any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How to vid:

The other way is to leave the seat mount bracket on and just get a suitable spanner to the seat slide/mount adjuster bolts.
So it's not clear to me, does the seat slide forward and backwards AND move up and down separately? The guy in the video suggests that you can adjust it up and down separately from back-and-forth, but the dealer I talked to said it was only the sliding back and forth.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So it's not clear to me, does the seat slide forward and backwards AND move up and down separately? The guy in the video suggests that you can adjust it up and down separately from back-and-forth, but the dealer I talked to said it was only the sliding back and forth.
I havn't personally touched my own Bobber seat adjustment. The comments I made in me previous post were an observation of the salesman adjusting the demo bike seat for me for a test ride. He mentioned if he fully undid the bolts the seat lifts off. All work to date on my bike has been via the dealer workshop. ...as to the video method ?

·
Registered
845 Posts
There’s a bit of confusion about this as I think it was mis-reported on the launch. The seat only sides backwards and forwards, however because the cantilever arm is set at an angle, moving it back reduces the seat height whilst moving it forward increases it. Surprisingly though as it’s just a few inches it does make a huge difference to how the bike feels and your comfort on the bike. So it’s definitely worth playing around with to see what suits you.

·
Registered
16 Posts

It´s not possible to adjust seat up and down sepearatly. If you move the seat to the front it also get a Little bit up. If you slide it to the back it comes down also.

The rail which is attached to the seat is curved, so this is the reason for the up and down movement during the Change of seat Position from front to back.

·
Registered
363 Posts
they initially seemed to give the impression in all their advertising and reviews that the seat was totally adjustable. i thought that you would be able to move the seat up/down, change angles, etc. but basically all it turned out to be was like a 2" adjustment front/back adjustment (height is a little lower when fully back, but it's very minimal). i'm like 5'5" and can almost get both feet fully flat on the ground, but not quite. i experiemented with moving the seat all the way back to see if it would make a height difference, but actually made it worse. when the seat's all the way back, your inner thighs are now more over where the side panels stick out more, so you're basically at a wider stance. you probably loose any height lowering gains because now you have to spread your legs out more.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My cousin and I are working to make a modified seat bracket to add spring to the seat,
by way of 1 or more spring steel tabs.

(excuse the volume of pictures at this link https://goo.gl/photos/tK76z9wHNJPDWKm77
we are working from different parts of the country and he doesn't have a Bobber with him, only the stock seat bracket.)

seems like changing the height of the seat is even more important to riders.
we'll have a see if we can incorporate that in the bracket design. we'll be looking for riders to test our bracket.

T50 Torx and 17 mm box wrench or socket are needed to adjust/remove the seat.

·
Registered
593 Posts
they initially seemed to give the impression in all their advertising and reviews that the seat was totally adjustable. i thought that you would be able to move the seat up/down, change angles, etc. but basically all it turned out to be was like a 2" adjustment front/back adjustment (height is a little lower when fully back, but it's very minimal). i'm like 5'5" and can almost get both feet fully flat on the ground, but not quite. i experiemented with moving the seat all the way back to see if it would make a height difference, but actually made it worse. when the seat's all the way back, your inner thighs are now more over where the side panels stick out more, so you're basically at a wider stance. you probably loose any height lowering gains because now you have to spread your legs out more.
If you want to raise seat, shim on top off seat bracket under front bolt
I went the other way, lowered it by grinding material from top of bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, I am contemplating the bobber as a new bike, to replace my Royal Enfield. Just went yesterday to test ride one, and of course love the way it handled and accelerated. But the seat was a lot less comfy than I expected. Felt like it was pushing me forward on to my nads the whole time. But then again I was only on it for a very brief ride, and I wonder if anyone else has had that issue. Thanks!
I have adjusted the front of the seat by using a thick washer at the front mount bolt, and also adjusted the fore and aft position, very easy to do. I am using the stock seat, and find it OK, I find its not just the seat, its the suspension that is the problem, to make the ride better, change the mono shock to the Fox shock, its adjustable, very costly over $800. I am trying a Air Hawk seat pad to soften my ride, cost $105 USD. Also rebuilt your seat using close cell foam may also work for a softer ride.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you want to raise seat, shim on top off seat bracket under front bolt
I went the other way, lowered it by grinding material from top of bracket.
Can you specify where exactly I should grind down on the bracket to lower a little. I wouldn't mind lowering the seat a tad. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts