Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you’re not happy with the seat placement I can suggest tapping that “extra” hole at the very back of the mount that goes half way through it. You just drill through it which allow for about another inch and a half. I’m 6’2” and it feels really good to have the placement maxed out to the back of the bike.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If you’re not happy with the seat placement I can suggest tapping that “extra” hole at the very back of the mount that goes half way through it. You just drill through it which allow for about another inch and a half. I’m 6’2” and it feels really good to have the placement maxed out to the back of the bike.
I'm 5' 11". (I used to be 6' 1". I shrank in my old age.) I keep my seat as close to the tank as I can get it because I am not comfortable with a feet forward riding position. Maybe as I get used to that riding style I will start moving my seat back.

On another note, I can't see anything wrong with drilling an extra hole. I don't understand why Triumph has that much steel sticking out behind the seat. It seems to me that you have put that steel to good use.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your bike with the seat ALL the way back?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I drilled mine when i first got the bobber, it looks like it was meant to be drilled.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
We need pictures! :smile2:
There is a pic of a Bobber with the seat all the way back somewhere on here already if I’m not much mistaken?!

However, I’ve got a long old pair of arms on me and I’m not convinced I’d want to be any further away from the bars than I currently am... Seat in the furthermost standard position currently!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 5'4" and I have the nut milled out with the Dremel all the way to the massive material. No problems so far.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If I push my seat all the way forward it is almost impossible to get to the top bolt that holds the support. (One top bolt/two side bolts)

So how do folks on this forum remove the seat? It seems easiest for me to remove the whole seat assembly and then remove the seat from the support bar. Does anyone remove the seat while the support bar is still bolted on the bike? If so, how do you get to the two seat bolts?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I left the top forward bolt out, no issues
It goes against my sensibilities to do that. I figure Triumph must have had a reason for that bolt. Don't ask me what their reasoning is. I don't know. :|

·
Registered
370 Posts
All that bolt does is change the seat angle. Doesn’t provide any other security or strength for the seat. I’ve thought about taking it out myself haha.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
All that bolt does is change the seat angle. Doesn’t provide any other security or strength for the seat. I’ve thought about taking it out myself haha.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC
I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I've messed with that bolt and I cannot figure out how it changes the seat angle. Enlighten me please.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you stick something between it (the bracket) and the frame (washer) , it would leverage the seat up. But bolting it directly down has no adjustment. Leaving it out seems like cutting off your own knees. Only has 3 bolts holding it on to start with.

As for removing the seat , I have not found a tool yet that allows me access under there without banging into everything trying to remove it , so I take the extra 5 minutes , and pull the bracket. Mine has been off a dozen times already in my short ownership. If there is a magic tool , I don’t have it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If you stick something between it (the bracket) and the frame (washer) , it would leverage the seat up.
Are we talking about something like a seesaw here? The end of the bracket (toward the tank) goes down, the two side bolts act as a fulcrum and the other end of the bracket that the seat is bolted to goes up. But say you put two or three washers between the bracket and the frame. How high would that raise the seat?

It seems to me that Triumph missed the boat. That front bolt could have been used to easily adjust the height of the seat.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts