Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I slow down at speed breakers so as to avoid scraping the bottom. But inadvertently do so a couple of times. Roads in India are not as good as European and speed breakers are uneven.
Concern is, how dangerous is it to bike health? Does the frame scrape with the road or is my engine also getting damaged little by little?
New and first bike so paranoid
Let me know

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Slow right down.
Belly damage is not fun or cheap to fix.
There was a post not long ago from a fellow member who experienced a similar issue. Not sure how it planned out. Perhaps he can chime in ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
FYI guys, I fitted a Bash Plate on my bobber, all good and no issues.
But when I then fitted triumph forward controls, not compatible........ just in case your gonna spend money on both...don’t.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
FYI guys, I fitted a Bash Plate on my bobber, all good and no issues.
But when I then fitted triumph forward controls, not compatible........ just in case your gonna spend money on both...don’t.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm running footboards and had considered a baseplate. Is their anyway it could be modified to you think?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm running footboards and had considered a baseplate. Is their anyway it could be modified to you think?

Cheerio,

Roy
Yes Roy, you would need to do a bit of cutting and welding. Above my pay grade though, so I just omitted the plate fir now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts