Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fed up with the hassle of using a paddock stand on my Bobber. I'm now looking to replace it with a scissor lift.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just cleaning and lubing the chain and cleaning the back wheel. That sort of thing.

The paddock stand was always a two man affair to get the bike propped up. Even then, it was a **** of an effort.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just a word of warning, I tried to buy a hydraulic bike lift last summer, VERY CAREFULLY measure the ground clearance with the bike on the sidestand and MAKE SURE you can get a lift that will be low enough to get under the frame. Returning a 25kg package wasn't a lot of fun, despite getting the money back... there are also custom lifts that you rotate with a long lever under the frame, but it's a bit harder to find those with sufficient capacity...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Normally I would not consider entrusting my bike to a $48 lift, but I have faith in Mar-Vel. So much so, that I might even buy one myself.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have a similar one also from amazon. works great for cleaning wheels. if positioned in the middle, you can easily get both tires off the ground (would want to use straps though). i'll just normally lift one tire off the ground at a time for general cleaning.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Harbor freight has an aluminum jack that is pretty awesome. Love this jack. Holds bike nice. Left it on the lift for 2 weeks and never budged.
I have the same HF jack. It’s surprisingly good but I find that I use the HF paddock stand much more with my Bobber.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have the same HF jack. It’s surprisingly good but I find that I use the HF paddock stand much more with my Bobber.
Do you have help or can you use the paddock stand on your own?
I do it by myself. I position the paddock stand up against the bobbins then push the bike upright. Then push down on the stand. If it’s difficult, you can just put a scrap piece of 2x4 under the side stand to help straighten up the bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do it by myself. I position the paddock stand up against the bobbins then push the bike upright. Then push down on the stand. If it’s difficult, you can just put a scrap piece of 2x4 under the side stand to help straighten up the bike.
Agree 4x2 under the stand and a paddock stand lift works fine on the bobber. I have a front paddock stand that fits other bikes but not the bobber so I just lift the front using a regular workshop jack and some more 4x2 right at the front of the chassis after the rear is on the paddock stand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts