Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 4 fake PM's now telling me their mate has a tank I can buy - all providing a Gmail address for contact and all saying they are in the US. I've told each one of them to F**k off!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ive had good luck i guess buying and sell on his forum. Seems like those days are over. Scammers ruining a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
970 Posts
We aren't getting many obvious spammers, Akismet filters them out to us mods to look at. A number of legit users do get pinged when responding to posts, but that's easy enough to spot...

Reactions: Stumac

·
Registered
444 Posts
Do admins not have the ability to ban these accounts/IPs?

They are spam messaging anyone who is buying/selling with the most obvious “hey email my friend at this email address [email protected]”.

Greg74
RamsJason (two separate PMs same scam MSG)
Wilson21022
Plenty more in my inbox..

·
Registered
2018 Bonneville Bobber Black
16 Posts
I unfortunately am out $265 because I got a message from Greg74 about the elusive all black swingarm bag and I was too excited to trust my better judgement and start communicating via gmail, this really blows that they're overrunning this forum

·
Super Moderator
970 Posts
Ok, all we get to filter as spam are posts to the forum or new accounts. Yes, we can bar these users, so if they send PM's please message either Psychopasta or me, and we will block them. I will deal with the 3 above...

All now permanently banned

·
Super Moderator
970 Posts
Sorted... It's sometimes difficult to decide whether Akismet flagged users are genuine or not... I shall be toughening my "test"...

·
Registered
57 Posts
If anybody tries to sell you a bobber tank cheap beware. They go for 1,200 bucks from Triumph. Which I find to be quit high. I would be real careful about where you buy the tank, if you can even find an after market or a good used gas tank. You might try some motorcycle wreaking yards and have some better luck there. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Just to be clear Floyd, a new fuel tank for the Bobber is about $ 950.00 from the dealer.

Chico

1 - 10 of 10 Posts