·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't mind P-shooters , as they are very Triumph. But I also feel like the Bobber begs for a slash cut exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
BEST EXHAUST EVER FOR THE BOBBER. If anyone say "does not fit", "looks ugly", he does not know the heritage of Triumph.

Thunderbird
OMG, that takes me back, a mate had one of those (1953ish model??) with the sprung hub around 1970/71... so uncomfortable...

·
Registered
38 Posts
OMG, that takes me back, a mate had one of those (1953ish model??) with the sprung hub around 1970/71... so uncomfortable...
1953, yes, and come and ride with us through the alps. Youl see that this old bike is mostly faster then the rest as long the road ist curvy and not straight...

D

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
BEST EXHAUST EVER FOR THE BOBBER. If anyone say "does not fit", "looks ugly", he does not know the heritage of Triumph.

Thunderbird
The look of that is why I bought the "bobber", not because of "bobber". I like the pre and post war looking bikes.

Yes, you are right, it does look decent on that bike...but, for those that like to change it up, it prob would be changed.

Was riding a Royal Enfield before getting the Triumph.....now, the stock exhaust on that was hideous!

·
Registered
579 Posts

It looks ugly because it is too stubby, all down to personal choice, my bobber is fitted with goldies, which have been fitted to BSA's Triumphs & Tritons over many years, & they cost 1/8 of those pipes,
just need a little fudging to fit, and sound great too.

·
Registered
359 Posts
+1 on it being too the stubby.

if it was better proportioned (not so bulgy) like in the thunderbird vintage photo than i'm sure it would get better reactions.
(maybe also if it was more size/proportionate to say the british customs sleeper pros?) just seems so bloated (kind of how i feel after a huge thanksgiving dinner!)

the bike brothers closeup image of the exhaust seems like it's almost touching or really close to the battery holder. just seems too big and bulky and doesn't compliment the refined lines of the bobber.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
To me one looks like a loaf of bread (Bike Bros) and the other a bagette (vintage Thunderbird). I'm with djdannygunz with regard to how much better-proportioned the sleeper pros are.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts