Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Anyone in the UK fitted a Satnav? What type did you go for and which mounting bracket did you opt for, plus is it easy to hard wire etc.

Any info would be appreciated, cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I did not want a permanant GPS on the bike, so i opted for an iphone mount by QUADLOCK (bar mount, NOT mirror mount option when buying..!!)
The original clip on mount comes in blue, so i sprayed it black - which is much nicer in my opinion.
When the phone is on, all the buttons are accessible and not obstructed. Steering lock is not affected when the phone is clipped on vertically.

Here is the original color of a quadlock mount:

and one i resprayed for my Bobber:

iPhone case:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I did not want a permanant GPS on the bike, so i opted for an iphone mount by QUADLOCK (bar mount, NOT mirror mount option when buying..!!)
The original clip on mount comes in blue, so i sprayed it black - which is much nicer in my opinion.
When the phone is on, all the buttons are accessible and not obstructed. Steering lock is not affected when the phone is clipped on vertically.
Thats pretty cool! I didn't want anything permanent either so;

Earlier this year I bought one of these:

https://www.apple.com/de/shop/product/HKCN2ZM/A/joby-griptight-gorillapod-stand-pro-für-iphone?afid=p238|satJg2GVH-dc_mtid_187079nc38483_pcrid_91282506382_&cid=aos-de-kwgo-pla-btb--slid-----product-HKCN2ZM/A-DE

Has proved very useful so far, even after couple of thousand kilometres being fixed to different things like handlebars, crash bars, and also things like trees, fences, umbrella stems and used as a tripod etc.

Cheers
mike

Reactions: Nozzer

·
Registered
360 Posts
Getting even more portable; just got one of these magnetic bag thingies for my iPhone 6s :smile2:
Water resistant too; and easy to just take off when I take a break and have to leave the bike.
Also has little holes to feed chargers/in-ears through, and cost just €16.99.
The manufacturer says it's good to max. 130km/h (80mph) fast enough for me.

Cheers!
mike

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just use the standard ram mount that came in the satnav box, but I haven't hardwired it in.

When I used to use my iPhone I used a mount/case from ultimate addons Ultimate addons

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use a TomTom Rider 450 which comes with a relatively small but well working and powered mount that you can leave on the bike without changing the look of the handlebar too much. I connected it to the battery, ran the cable along the left side of the bike together with all the other wires.
The TomTom ist not exactly the cheapest solution but it´s weather resistant and works well while wearing gloves. Plus it comes with access to an online planning tool which proved to be really neat for my latest bigger tours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts