Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so on Saturday morning I get 2 brown envelopes in the post, one plain one and one from the DVLA so out comes a practiced thumb and....

Yep road tax, oh joy how did i forget that was coming round (/Grumble)

The plain one was actually a nice little surprise, PPI cheque (For those over the Pond, that's money back from the bank from the old days where they used to rip you off and say 'Sign by the 3 x's on the form, yep all 3 or you don't get the loan!, (This included an 'insurance' that you basically couldn't claim on when employed and get sick pay from if off work - never been unemployed always had decent sickpay))

So some on, what one single big ticket item would you plonk for, if the <<insert deity of choice/agnostic/atheist here>> shone down on you and dropped say, £1,500 (1,700 euro, $2k) of loose change in your (and don't say games PC as that's already taken care of lol) bike toy's fund?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
If I received such a brown envelope, a Belstaff leather jacket would be on the top of my list.
And the remainder would go towards a new custom seat or having the original recovered/reshaped.
Or if the seat is comfy enough for you, new helmet, goggles & gloves.
Speaking of which, I just ordered these for the summer. :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Brembo front calipers.
With left over $$, Denali Soundbomb, LED headlight, Monza gas cap and because my other ride is U.S. made, Wunderkind key relocation kit. The rest, for great restaurants.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My taxes should be slightly less because I traded two for one . . . . AND the Bobber was paid for before I left the dealership so no interest on a loan.

Now the available funds will go toward the new seat and handle bar grips. After all that if there is any left over it will go for single malt Scotch. (I won't drink and ride at the same time.) >:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
So some on, what one single big ticket item would you plonk for, if the <<insert deity of choice/agnostic/atheist here>> shone down on you and dropped say, £1,500 (1,700 euro, $2k) of loose change in your (and don't say games PC as that's already taken care of lol) bike toy's fund?
Depends on your priorities do you want ~
more power
better brakes
better handling
better/more noise
New paint
more comfort/seat
Lights, indicators so many things, so little money, decisions decisions.
Whatever you choose be sure to have fun.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers folks, made me think a bit.

The corbin sounds great but i really don't want to buy a seat blind so im gonna have a mooch round the uk seat builders and see what comes up

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
I'd go for improving the suspension first, as that affects how comfy the stock seat is quite dramatically. I'm planning an all-Ohlins upgrade to get the featherbed feel -P

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mmmmm 1 year service booked for 14th July - Black cases, sprocket cover, intake covers, tps covers and sparkly titanium draggers on order from US of A lol.

Already run the fox shock and thats fine for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Mmmmm 1 year service booked for 14th July - Black cases, sprocket cover, intake covers, tps covers and sparkly titanium draggers on order from US of A lol.

Already run the fox shock and thats fine for me.
Those draggers are GREAT :grin2:
When i ordered my previous 2 sets, Gary @ GMAN told me he would stop manufacturing the draggers if there was little/no demand.
That would be a shame. So get ordering fellow Bobber owners! :wink2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts