Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so looking for some saddle bags to go on and need a mount either side for the bags. Triumph want £62 each. Maybe I am being a bit tight but seems a rip off, anyone found an aftermarket mount that's reasonable, if so link please. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so looking for some saddle bags to go on and need a mount either side for the bags. Triumph want £62 each. Maybe I am being a bit tight but seems a rip off, anyone found an aftermarket mount that's reasonable, if so link please. Thanks.
Hi,

I had a 48 Harley previously and bought Larosadesign saddle bags (sold them with the bike a year ago). I intend to buy one for my bobber this christmas.

They are expensive tho... lol but looks good. The one with the extra fuel bottle is handy. If you are looking for a cheap one, Triumph is the way to go..

Triumph Motorcycles - Bobber Bags - Page 1 - La Rosa Design Corp

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have one of their bags on the way. Ordered it a couple weeks ago , shows shipped Monday. I've been coming home like a disappointed kid for the last two days. Perhaps tomorrow.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi,

I had a 48 Harley previously and bought Larosadesign saddle bags (sold them with the bike a year ago). I intend to buy one for my bobber this christmas.

They are expensive tho... lol but looks good. The one with the extra fuel bottle is handy. If you are looking for a cheap one, Triumph is the way to go..

thanks for the link!

i saw they have a seat that i haven't seen before. i like how the complete underside is also covered in leather (unlike the triumph statement seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I have saddlebags, just need a cheap mount/pannier rail. Is my only option Triumph rail only, surely not?

·
Registered
514 Posts
thanks for the link!

i saw they have a seat that i haven't seen before. i like how the complete underside is also covered in leather (unlike the triumph statement seat.

I am highly tempted by the seat, which I've been looking at for a while now. I contacted them and they said they can do it black as well, with or without the rivets. Looks great -- a classic bobber seat -- but no doubt hard on the tuchas... Question is whether it's any harder than the Statement seat.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
thanks for the link!

Those are some beautiful seats. Love the leather particularly without the rivets. But, can’t be sure it’s any more comfortable than the Statement seat, which looks great but, IMO is a PITA ...literally. :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
To answer your original question :grin2: I'm only aware of the Triumph ones and the Bike Brothers ones as side pannier mounts. There are however many 'Universal' type systems and some might work. I guess is GBP62 for something designed for the bike is OK: the Bobber's rear end is quite different to the typical UJM that Universal racks are designed for.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I am highly tempted by the seat, which I've been looking at for a while now. I contacted them and they said they can do it black as well, with or without the rivets. Looks great -- a classic bobber seat -- but no doubt hard on the tuchas... Question is whether it's any harder than the Statement seat.
Have you seen it on a bike?

The leather looks great but the seat looks SUPER-SIZED! >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Have you seen it on a bike?

The leather looks great but the seat looks SUPER-SIZED! >:)
Not sure whats up with that seat but it is not representative of la rosa's actual seat size. Maybe a custom ordered oversized? almost looks like its been flattened out.

Don't think mine looks that big?

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hi,

I have one of their bags on the way. Ordered it a couple weeks ago , shows shipped Monday. I've been coming home like a disappointed kid for the last two days. Perhaps tomorrow.
I got a La Rosa bag when I bought my seat, and they are quite big compared to the swing arm bags, I have a side plate and in order to (hopefully) mount the bag securely Im going to build a mount similar to the bike bros tool bag mount. I tried to mount mine on the swing arm and couldn't seem to get it anywhere where it was not going to touch the wheel or the exhaust or rub on the back of the main frame. I even went so far as grinding the mounting pin out of my plate mount and putting that as far back on the swing arm as I could, but still wasn't happy with the way the bag mounted.

You'll have to excuse the crude "prototype" but it gives you the idea, and should be fairly simple to mirror for the right side if so desired.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
Not sure whats up with that seat but it is not representative of la rosa's actual seat size. Maybe a custom ordered oversized? almost looks like its been flattened out.

Don't think mine looks that big?
You're seat looks great, I love it, and that's what I was hoping the La Rosa would look like.

But looking at their Facebook page it seems their seats for the bobber come in varying lengths, maybe it's to accommodate different size butts???

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
You're seat looks great, I love it, and that's what I was hoping the La Rosa would look like.

But looking at their Facebook page it seems their seats for the bobber come in varying lengths, maybe it's to accommodate different size butts???
I suppose. I don't remember seeing a sizing option when I ordered mine, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there :nerd:. Could send an email, Dora answers fairly quickly, or try their live chat during business hours.

·
Registered
356 Posts

Hey,,,, that's my bike! LOL
The seat for the Triumph is not extra long or wide. Fits quite well. Far as I know only comes in one size.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
La Rosa is really great about customizing the seat exactly the way you want it. They'll do it without the metal circles/studs on the back, they'll dye it any color they offer on any of their leather products and they're great about answering click-to-chat questions through their website. I haven't pulled the trigger on one myself quite yet, but I'm definitely considering one to swap with my Corbin on those days when I'm going for a short ride rather than riding for hours, as they don't look like they have much padding.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They don't have a lot of padding on these. You can barely push the leather down, maybe a quarter of an inch. the leather is stiff and it may get a bit softer as time goes on. However... I'm sure if you asked for thicker padding for longer touring, they would be happy to accommodate. I have an Air Hawk for longer rides. BTW, since these are a direct swap, you can literally change out seats in 15 minutes.

Dave

·
Registered
727 Posts
La Rosa is really great about customizing the seat exactly the way you want it. They'll do it without the metal circles/studs on the back, they'll dye it any color they offer on any of their leather products and they're great about answering click-to-chat questions through their website. I haven't pulled the trigger on one myself quite yet, but I'm definitely considering one to swap with my Corbin on those days when I'm going for a short ride rather than riding for hours, as they don't look like they have much padding.
I can say that the La Rosa with the diamond tuk pad, and I would guess the tuk and roll one as well, are more comfortable than the triumph statement seat.
I do think for any distance rides I will be putting the stock seat back on though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts