Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V&H fitted today with rear fender rack - photo to be posted in due course - garage pointed out tooth marks from b****y ? mice/rats who've nibbled small areas of rubber at various sites! Bike under wraps outside as have no garage - quick trip to hardware shop - now Bobber surrounded by mouse traps and rat poison containing 'feeding station' - may have to sleep next to bike to deter further dental assaults.

·
Registered
360 Posts
V&H fitted today with rear fender rack - photo to be posted in due course - garage pointed out tooth marks from b****y ? mice/rats who've nibbled small areas of rubber at various sites! Bike under wraps outside as have no garage - quick trip to hardware shop - now Bobber surrounded by mouse traps and rat poison containing 'feeding station' - may have to sleep next to bike to deter further dental assaults.
Here in Germany, these attacks are quite common, but not from mice or rats; from weasels/marten!!
Indeed they are so common, that it is included in a lot of vehicle insurance policies.

Luckily I've never had this myself, but it is common.

mike

·
Registered
358 Posts
had a co-worker who had problems with small animals (rabbits, rodents, etc.) chewing on various rubber hoses on his pickup truck when he would go out to remote camping areas around california. maybe they like the taste of rubber? might be a sweet treat for them i guess.

maybe a manufacturer should come up with a new type of "foul-tasting" rubber that can be used on auto/motorcycle parts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
so, two tips; 1) mice/rats hate dryer sheets. put them everywhere in nooks and crannies. just remember to remove them in the spring; 2) mice/r a ts love peanut butter. put it in your traps and you will catch them and not have to worry about poisoning dogs et. al. good luck!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
so, two tips; 1) mice/rats hate dryer sheets. put them everywhere in nooks and crannies. just remember to remove them in the spring; 2) mice/r a ts love peanut butter. put it in your traps and you will catch them and not have to worry about poisoning dogs et. al. good luck!
My preferred remedy is camphor/moth balls. I even put them in the engine compartment of my Vette, which is napping for the winter.
place some around the bike as a deterrent for any animals who might want to spend time with your bike/car.

Chico

1 - 10 of 10 Posts