Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys,
I've been checking out the forum since I got my Bobber last year...always very informative and seems to have a good cross section of members. I've been riding since I was 12 which makes 49 years in total (F**k me, where did that time go!!! ). I've owned virtually every type of bike over the years from over 10 manufacturers so I think I qualify as a "seasoned biker"

I'll start posting soon with my opinions on the bike and let you know what MODS I've made so far.

Speak to you all soon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O.K. lads just an update as promised on my Bobber upgrades.

Progressive fork springs by TEC bikes
De-cat by TEC bikes
Custom saddle re-upholster by Dragon seating
Rear carrier from old Harley
Bar risers by Webike ( Japan )

These are the mods that I feel are best value for money.
The springs give the front end a little more forgiveness and feel
The de-cat has made the standard pipes a bit louder but I think the posts saying they give better
performance may be a little over stated.
The saddle is not as comfortable as the OEM but just looks better.
The carrier is way more substantial than the 'off the shelf' options in my opinion but that is exactly
that "my opinion" no more no less
The bar "risers" raise the bars by 1" with no pull back and allow the use of the Triumph clamp.

As for future Mods I'm waiting to see what Motone come up with for rear lights/indicators.
Their gear is Pricey but quality I'm told.
The same with the exhaust..Quite a few out there but nothing has jumped out at me yet.
The rear shock is OK for me as Standard as I'm only 12st ( 168lbs for our friends across the pond )
Finally the brakes!!! I've had 3 Harleys over the years so I can cope with them fine until
a reasonably priced alternative comes up
Happy Christmas to you all !!!
P.S. if you need any info on prices and fitting let me know

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
That's a great looking seat! If you aren't impressed with the performance after the x-pipe install, try doing the 12 Minute Tune to see if that helps (search for it on this site, bc the process is mentioned a few times in the last month or 2).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
De-cat

I've done the 12 minute tune and it does work...I still think you would need to see the change on the Dyno to prove an increase in power though!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've only just fitted the risers and the gritters have been out this week so I'll have to wait for a good downpour before I take it out on the salt! I don't expect any play in the bars as it's only a 1" rise, but i'll let you know once I've been for a blast

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so the weather wasn't too bad this morning so went for a blast to the Ponderosa cafe on Llandegla moors.
the risers I fitted from WEBIKE in Japan worked fine and gave a noticeable improvement in comfort with no play in the bars.
Excellent purchase for about £70 including import charges

1 - 17 of 17 Posts