Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Has anybody fitted risers with the stock handlebars yet?
I am not that tall and do find the reach to the handlebars a bit of a stretch (have the seat all the way forward)

If anybody has done this, can you tell me if it has any effect on handling etc?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
A fellow member has asked me to measure the 60mm risers change in height.
I still do not know of the standard Triumph clamp will work with these riser. I suspect not, but will give it a try next week once the rain stops.

So here is a pic, in CM´s from the tank to the middle of the standard bars with wunderkind 60mm risers:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
A fellow member has asked me to measure the 60mm risers change in height.
I still do not know of the standard Triumph clamp will work with these riser. I suspect not, but will give it a try next week once the rain stops.

So here is a pic, in CM´s from the tank to the middle of the standard bars with wunderkind 60mm risers:

Eisen - in subsequent photos, it appears that that the Triumph clamp did indeed fit the bar and Wunderkind risers? Any issues at all?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Eisen - in subsequent photos, it appears that that the Triumph clamp did indeed fit the bar and Wunderkind risers? Any issues at all?
The Triumph clamp does indeed fit. I had to buy longer screws and there is a very slight gap when looking closely at the fitment, due to the curve of the lower clamps.
But there is no question that the Triumph clamp looks MUCH better than the Wunderkind ones and the gap is only noticable when inspecting with a magnifying glass :nerd:

No need to change the stock cables. Lock to lock = perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
The Triumph clamp does indeed fit. I had to buy longer screws and there is a very slight gap when looking closely at the fitment, due to the curve of the lower clamps.
But there is no question that the Triumph clamp looks MUCH better than the Wunderkind ones and the gap is only noticable when inspecting with a magnifying glass :nerd:

No need to change the stock cables. Lock to lock = perfect.
So when do you plan on wanting to change it up and send them to me at half the purchase price? :grin2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Custombike Raisch has 20mm and 30mm milled aluminum spacers. Means you can keep the original handlebar and mount and the modification looks pretty unobtrusive.

I figured I'd share two pictures of what they look like mounted.

Tom

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts