Triumph Bobber Forum banner

What is your riding experience

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious about the type of rider we have here on the forum and Bobber riders in general. In my case, I've been riding for MANY years. The bobber is my 20th motorcycle purchase.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Uh, 19 views and only 2 votes besides my own? Guess I was being too intrusive.

If that is the situation, moderators, can we change the poll to be anonymous?

·
Registered
459 Posts
:nerd:

The bobber is my 50th motorcycle purchase 0:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I thought 20 was a milestone, 50, wow!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Maybe the option for the person who replaced their only bike for a bobber and they have had that bike for numerous years could have made for a slightly better voting answer?

The Bobber replaced a previous bike within a month - of release?? or I only owned the previous bike for 1 month.?
The Bobber replaced a bike in 2 to 11 months -- is this from release of the bobber, OR the previous bike I owned was 2-12 months old.

I personnally own 2 bikes, and the bobber came into the stable about 6 months after release. And the bike that left the stable was with me for 4 years.

·
Registered
459 Posts
And I thought 20 was a milestone, 50, wow!
0:)

everything started in 1975 ..a Honda then a Yam RDX :D

others followed.I loved them all.:x I am not a collector (but if I had known I will have kept some of them which now could have made me richer than I am) but in this 70/80 years, no one thought of speculating; by exemple,in 1978,I sold my 750 GT just because my friends were riding with new GS
it was the beautiful time. I was able to buy practically all those that pleased me (well, those that were in reasonable rates).lately the disease has caught me. :crying:that's why I bought all the latest Triumph in 2 years.I wanted to try them all.then it 'll too late :frown2:I hope you can live your passion like me I could live mine 0:)

Second from right:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've been riding since 12, turned 60 this year. Too many bikes to recall a number but I'll just go with a lot.
I don't own the Bobber but I'm in the market for the Speedmaster, we'll see how that plays out shortly.

After being a member here for several months it appears to me there are many on this forum that are first time riders.
It seems obvious to me but I could be way off base.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe the option for the person who replaced their only bike for a bobber and they have had that bike for numerous years could have made for a slightly better voting answer?

The Bobber replaced a previous bike within a month - of release?? or I only owned the previous bike for 1 month.?
The Bobber replaced a bike in 2 to 11 months -- is this from release of the bobber, OR the previous bike I owned was 2-12 months old.

I personnally own 2 bikes, and the bobber came into the stable about 6 months after release. And the bike that left the stable was with me for 4 years.
I see your point and I should have worded the selections better. The limit of the length of the various selections kind of threw me with the wording. What I was getting at is bike ownership in general.

Is the bobber your first bike. If you owned a bike previously but sold, did you wait less than a month before buying the Bobber, 2 to 11 months before buying the Bobber, more than a year before buying the Bobber?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well PFEN, since I'm 62 now I don't think I'll have time to catch up to your number of bikes. I started in the mid 1970s but I threw money at other toys too, cars,women, boats, PWC, women...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been riding since 12, turned 60 this year. Too many bikes to recall a number but I'll just go with a lot.
I don't own the Bobber but I'm in the market for the Speedmaster, we'll see how that plays out shortly.

After being a member here for several months it appears to me there are many on this forum that are first time riders.
It seems obvious to me but I could be way off base.
So far anyway, no one has voted that the Bobber is their first bike.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another choice on the poll...LOL.

I've ridden both dirt and street over the years. I think riding dirt makes for a much better street rider as far as being able to feel what the bike is doing and how to handle certain situations such as loss of traction.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To those that have voted, I thank you.

To those that have not, if willing, tell me why you haven't. So far, 234 views and only 23 votes?

Sorry if the questions are unclear but I'm just interested in prior bike ownership. And it doesn't need to be street bike, I consider dirt bike owning/riding as owning.

I'm a little surprised that not one person has the Bobber as a first bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
To those that have voted, I thank you.

To those that have not, if willing, tell me why you haven't. So far, 234 views and only 23 votes?

Sorry if the questions are unclear but I'm just interested in prior bike ownership. And it doesn't need to be street bike, I consider dirt bike owning/riding as owning.

I'm a little surprised that not one person has the Bobber as a first bike.
Again, my 1st purchased street bike is the Bobber, but not "my first bike" as in "new to riding" I have ridden a handful over the years not owned by me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure a lot of people started the path down motorcycle riding (myself included) by being loaned a bike by a friend or relative. I remember hanging around with my cousin and his friends in the mid 1960s and being given rides on the back. 1950's Triumphs, Harleys and even a Ducati or two.

Then when we both turned 13 in 1969, a friend/classmate down the street got a moped and he would hand me the keys pretty often. That was my start. Between my friend who kept getting bigger and bigger bikes and my older brother who also rode, I pretty much lived on a motorcycle through the early 1970s even before I could afford one of my own. Never really stopped since then.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm much like muensterDeath. I have a custom Honda Ruckus that's licensed as a motorcycle due to the larger motor it has now. I've been riding it for a few years. Technically the Bobber is my first interstate-highway-legal and multi-gear motorcycle. I just voted it as adding to an existing "bike" because I've been riding and learning riding technique for a few years, so I'm not a complete noob. The Bobber is definitely a big step up though, going from nearly 200cc to 1200cc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been looking at the Honda Grom or Kawasaki Z125. They would be a blast on a really curvy/technical road and it wouldn't require go straight to the grave speeds like my Monster 1200S did in order to feel like I was using at least half its potential. I've had several superbikes but I think I've finally outgrown the need for THAT much speed.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well PFEN, since I'm 62 now I don't think I'll have time to catch up to your number of bikes. I started in the mid 1970s but I threw money at other toys too, cars,women, boats, PWC, women...

:D:D:D

women .. women ..0:)

I married a Swiss girl.:wink2:
This might explain that >:)

cars..???
well:
c'est madame qui décide... je n'aime pas les voitures.. mais je les conduis de temps en temps..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts