Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The topic of comfort, (or lack there of) whilst in the seat of the Bobber has come up a number of times. Some of course are happy and have no issues and others have found the standard seat offerings to be so uncomfortable that it has lead them to purchasing custom seats.

In my own case... when I first got the bike I found that after 20-30 minutes of riding with Triumph’s own quilted seat option, that I was distinctly aware of just how uncomfortable I was becoming. After my first 500 miles or so on the bike, things become a little more bearable, thanks I suspect to a combination of the seat becoming a little softer and no doubt my ar$e becoming harder. But none the less at its best I found that I was good for an hour in the seat in total, but I was very aware of the last 20 minutes, as hot spot’s formed which were massively uncomfortable and distracting.

I researched alternative seating options and due to not being able to find something that offered a combination of the correct look, at the right price and because it was impossible to be sure of a positive result, I thought I’d first look into other, cheaper options.

As some of you know I tried padded cycling shorts. Whilst they provided a mild improvement they ultimately are designed to work in conjunction with the much smaller/slimmer bicycle seats so I found they just didn’t cover the areas of my rump that were in need of some extra support.

So after a lot of research I happened upon an option from a company named Motoskiveez. They apparently started out making shorts for the bicycle world but have since started to cater for the motorcycle platform. The reviews I’ve read from customers have been remarkably positive, from people with all sorts of motorbikes, claiming to be able to stay on there bikes for twice as long since wearing the Motoskiveez. They offer three fitment/style options based on the type of bike you ride. In essence the padding is just stitched into different areas of the underwear depending on your riding position... sport, adventure and cruiser... with the later being most suited to that of the Bobber and so I placed my order.

Now at £55 they qualify as the most expensive underwear I’ve ever bought, but working on the basis of that being a fraction of the cost of a replacement/custom seat, I felt I’d at least try them.

So... after wearing them on a few rides of anything up to an hour, I’m happy if not somewhat surprised to report that I’ve had zero discomfort. Also... they keep my parts so much cooler which of course helps to prevent the dreaded swamp-butt!

In conclusion, if looking to improve your comfort levels folks, I can honestly say that they are a quality product and will certainly enable you to ride for longer... which can only be a good thing :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Thanks Mike. I was (don’t laugh) waiting for your underwear report :laugh:

Going to order a pair as soon as I get home.

How does the sizing work? True to size or best to order a size up ?
I’m 6’ 1 , 36 inch waist for reference.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike. I was (don’t laugh) waiting for your underwear report :laugh:

Going to order a pair as soon as I get home.

How does the sizing work? True to size or best to order a size up ?
I’m 6’ 1 , 36 inch waist for reference.
Haha I thought you might be :grin2:

They are pretty stretchy so I’d say true to size or if anything else a size smaller :wink2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm a sweater. Yeah , I know you didn't need those facts , I just felt like sharing.>:) Think they would wash up good in an evenings stay at a Hotel and dry for the next days ride? I'm riding into a furnace (We call it Texas here in the States) in about a week and these intrigue me. And do they ride up much , giving you a wedgie?

Thanks. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
From the reviews I read, these things dry out really quickly.
It’s 36° here, so yeh - I’m also a SWEATER

Can’t wait to try these out.
I ordered both Adventure & Cruiser in a size L.
Euuughhh!!! Deffo too much info …..:eek::eek:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Betty Swollocks all over the place here too!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh dear what have I created?! >:)

They dry super quick... certainly overnight and don’t ride up into the never never region!

Eisen... I was torn between the cruiser and the adventure options. I had ready how some had tried the cruiser but didn’t get on with them but found the adventure to be amazing. In the end, I assessed the style of bike those folks were riding and realised none of them were rolling on a Bobbers, instead they seemed to have bikes with more nutural riding positions.

Also... I fired some pics of myself on my bike over to the guys at Motoskiveez and asked them to assess in order to let me know what would suit best... they concluded 100% the cruiser option to be best suited.

Having said all of that I am really keen to learn about your own experience of the two styles so please do keep me posted :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Absolutely.
I knew I didn’t need the “sports” style, so thought it best to give the other two types a try.
My search on the web ended with the same conclusions as you; that some just didn’t get along with the cruiser style while they really liked the Adventure. But no two bums are the same, so as long as I’m ordering - thought it best to try both.
I’ll post my findings once I’ve had a chance to
test them both out properly.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Absolutely.
I knew I didn’t need the “sports” style, so thought it best to give the other two types a try.
My search on the web ended with the same conclusions as you; that some just didn’t get along with the cruiser style while they really liked the Adventure. But no two bums are the same, so as long as I’m ordering - thought it best to try both.
I’ll post my findings once I’ve had a chance to
test them both out properly.
Oh darn. I ordered the cruiser shorts. Maybe I should have gone for the adventure shorts. :|

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I think you were right to go with the “cruisers”.
When the leg is parallel to the hip/pelvis (like when seated on the Bobber) they recommend the cruiser underwear

On my R1200GSA, my legs are at a downward angle - so that’s why I’m also trying the Adventure ones.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts