Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As summer approaches I thought it would be a good time to try out the trendy new Rev’it Tracer Air overshirt.
It comes in some pretty awful colors, so I chose as what I believe is the least offensive; plain Olive in a size XL for my 44” chest.
Louis.de only have the plain black or olive in stock (none of the striped colors are available on their site). Urban Rider have the other striped color available too, but not the Orange/Blue as even they know that color mix should never have been invented...:eek:

Louis.de are having a 20% sale on until the 29th May (use code 367 at checkout) and I added a level 2, size 5 back protector as well.

https://m.louis.eu/artikel/rev-it-tracer-air-shirt/218017?list=31ba739dba6699bf731245d70c231cff

I will update this thread once it arrives (hopefully next week at some stage).

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I like the look of a few of the dedicated riding shirts on Urban Riders site, but it can get pretty expensive buying a few to ensure variety.

For that reason I decided to try the Knox Urbane Pro shirt, which is fully rated and offers abrasion resistance and full armour. It enables me to literally wear whatever I want over it, as I’m fully protected regardless. They also suggest that it’s perfectly acceptable to wear on its own... although I’d argue that being able to see nipple through the mesh is far from acceptable:surprise::grin2:

I’ve only worn it a couple of times so far but I must say it’s very comfy, to a point of forgetting you’re wearing it and the air that it flows it perfect for the hotter days.

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/knox-urbane-pro-shirt-black.html

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I saw that one too, but somehow also envisioned my spare tire, exposed nipple and The Village People playing in the background.
Not that I have any issues with people wearing what they want, it’s just I would not want to expose the general public to my (not-so-Greek god like) body looking like that! >:)

So Tracer Air it is, until I get totally ripped at the gym. Which will probably be never or slightly after that...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I saw that one too, but somehow also envisioned my spare tire, exposed nipple and The Village People playing in the background.
Not that I have any issues with people wearing what they want, it’s just I would not want to expose the general public to my (not-so-Greek god like) body looking like that! >:)

So Tracer Air it is, until I get totally ripped a tire the gym. Which will probably be never or slightly after that...
I hear you my friend and can relate to not being in the shape I once was... but I certainly wouldn’t wear it on its own for all the reasons you listed :surprise::wink2:

I like that it enables me pick whatever I so want from my existing wardrobe, shirt, jumper, t-shirt, jacket or should I feel so inclined a nice pair of pyjamas and to ride safe in the knowledge that I’m fully protected >:)

Sure it’s not cheap at nearly £200 but, it’s a lot cheaper than buying a few dedicated motorcycle shirts which appealed to me greatly. Having said that... I was at The BikeShed on Tuesday and eyeing up the Rev-it range of shirts... I give it a short while for the itch to build before I once again need to scratch it with a new something 0:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd been looking at a variety of shirts too, but I hadn't heard of the Knox armoured string vest. I like the idea. Will have to investigate further...

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'll stick to my trusty Hoodie :) tho the shirts do look a bit less of a sweat box.

Still get a bit warm but it fits my ample frame quite well

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the Roadskin hoodie.
One of these days I’ll give one a try.
How is the sizing ? True or should i go for a smaller/larger size?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a 2XL with a 50 odd inch chest and it fits with a bit of room under, oh and i can get away with 40 to 50 and an air temp of 12 to 14 degrees without getting cold with just a T-Shirt under, anything cooler and it's not pleasant. The other year with 34 degrees of wet sauna in London it was a blessed relief (till i caught a thundershower, soaked thru in about 3 seconds, tho i'v not hit it with fabsil since i bought it.)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, the Trracer Air arrived this morning together with the back protector.

Fit is True to size and feels just right (not tight or loose) and the level 2 back protector completes the package.
The garment itself feels light, yet substantial & strong. I have no idea about venting or feel while riding as i have not been out on the road yet. Perhaps later on during the week.

The color is a greyish, greenish olive and the photos attached below are unfiltered to let you all see the unedited color. As far as i can tell, this color is exclusive to Louis.de and i hvae not seen it advertised anywhere else.
Overall, i am really happy with the weight, fit and finish.

Please excuse my very long and slightly bent selfie stick >:)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The price tag still attached is well, a look. Not one that I usually subscribe to but, maybe you’re starting a fashion trend I don’t know about. Probably not, though.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The price tag still attached is well, a look. Not one that I usually subscribe to but, maybe you’re starting a fashion trend I don’t know about. Probably not, though.
:grin2:
Just left it on during the trying on process in case I had to exchange sizes. But all good unless I go overload on those tasty donuts @ cafe Rapha...

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
23°c here on this lovely, sunny morning.
The tracer feels fantastic while riding; light comfortable, flexible and flows air wonderfully.

Really impressed with the way it performs at these temps, but still need to see how it will vent at higher temps (30°c+).

·
Registered
38 Posts
As summer approaches I thought it would be a good time to try out the trendy new Rev’it Tracer Air overshirt.

It comes in some pretty awful colors, so I chose as what I believe is the least offensive; plain Olive in a size XL for my 44” chest.

Louis.de only have the plain black or olive in stock (none of the striped colors are available on their site). Urban Rider have the other striped color available too, but not the Orange/Blue as even they know that color mix should never have been invented...:eek:

Louis.de are having a 20% sale on until the 29th May (use code 367 at checkout) and I added a level 2, size 5 back protector as well.

https://m.louis.eu/artikel/rev-it-tracer-air-shirt/218017?list=31ba739dba6699bf731245d70c231cff

I will update this thread once it arrives (hopefully next week at some stage).

You have this version in mind? Have seen it at local dealers

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have this version in mind? Have seen it at local dealers

Personally I would not go for striped orange, but what do I know about fashion :eek:
The plain olive is slightly boring, but for summer riding it’s a bit nicer than straight black IMHO.

Anyway, color preferences aside - the jacket works really well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts