Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has purchased reserve fuel bottles and how they are attaching them. Specifically have looked at the Lowbrow customs bottle with carrier in stainless. Thoughts?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wondering if anyone has purchased reserve fuel bottles and how they are attaching them. Specifically have looked at the Lowbrow customs bottle with carrier in stainless. Thoughts?
I've got one (not a Lowbrow one) with a plastic mounting bracket, but disinclined to mount it (with my luck I'd dump it on the side that I mounted it and would all go up in smoke). Plus, if I'm taking a long ride, it wouldn't be on the Bobber. Those riding with me know the puny tank I have, so if I'm pointing to the gas cap while riding, they know I need to pull over; that, or I'm pulling over alone. At the 90+ mile range, I'm ready for a break anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Autonomy is a real problem for long journeys in sparsely populated areas (i.e north of Spain for us) or when driving at night.
I plan to install this backup tank even if I am aware of the danger in case of a fall.
it's the Mooneyes emergency tank

·
Registered
639 Posts
Autonomy is a real problem for long journeys in sparsely populated areas (i.e north of Spain for us) or when driving at night.
I plan to install this backup tank even if I am aware of the danger in case of a fall.
it's the Mooneyes emergency tank
Like this, any dimensions?

Found them>

3" diameter, 13-3/4" overall length, 12" tank length
Capacity: 1.25qt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts