Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents.

I was messing with a replacement brake light housing from an online vendor and once I got it all mocked up I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

I have now gotten another one from ebay - but even though the lens was scribed with LED -- The guts are a dual filament bulb. (two wires, not three)

The question:

Should I replace the bulb (p21/5w) with an LED drop in, or add a relay and keep the bulb? If so, which relay would you recommend?

OR -- Should I gut the interior and epoxy in a completely different LED? And if so can you recommend a good brand/model that would work with the CANBUS on our bobbers?

·
Registered
108 Posts
are you sure it’s filament and not led? My LEDs came with 2 wires, those 2 things aren’t mutually exclusive.
If it is filament, easy to replace with an led? I’d prefer an led bulb swap over a relay personally. Can you send pics of the housing you want to keep?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure it’s filament and not led
Unless they have LEDs hiding behind the two filaments I am pretty certain :)
I took it all apart.

easy to replace with an led?
I have found a lot of drop in LED p21/5 bulbs but most of them specify 'not legal for road use in europe' which is pretty freaking weird.

Can you send pics of the housing you want to keep?

I'll add a picture to this thread during my lunch break. It really is pretty sexy :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts