Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I managed to take off the right hand side cover easily.
the left side one seems stuck. I don’t dare using more force. Does it come loose the same way, pulling out the bottom?
I am taking them off in order to give them a thorough polish and coating.
Thanks,
ABV

·
Super Moderator
849 Posts
Yep, if they haven't been removed for a while they can be worryingly tough to pull out...

Reactions: ABV2020

·
Read Only
153 Posts
Anybody ever tried any form of lubrication on the pins? I suspect a petroleum based lubrication might deteriorate the rubber but is there anything else that might prevent the side panels from sticking?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Anybody ever tried any form of lubrication on the pins? I suspect a petroleum based lubrication might deteriorate the rubber but is there anything else that might prevent the side panels from sticking?
Millers red rubber grease 👍

·
Super Moderator
849 Posts
Silicon grease...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I’ve used petroleum jelly on parts like this for years.. never had a problem

·
Registered
251 Posts
Silicone grease works great, doesn't gel and remains viscus. MilSpec, been using it for centuries, is non reactive with nil detriment to natural rubber & plastics.
Don't be over zealous in application, just a smear.

Silcone Grease.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, I managed to take off the right hand side cover easily.
the left side one seems stuck. I don’t dare using more force. Does it come loose the same way, pulling out the bottom?
I am taking them off in order to give them a thorough polish and coating.
Thanks,
ABV
Yes - a bit of force may be required :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts