Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse my ignorance, however I am in the process of installing the short front fender, and for the love of me cannot figure out how to take off the front wheel. Is there a special tool for removing the axel tube?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes. No other way. Good news: it take about ten minutes. I take mine on and off regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello there
You have changed the pipes and headlight. Ditched the side panels and added (K&N?) filters. Did you experience many problems doing this? Any benefits? What are the pipes?
Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello there

You have changed the pipes and headlight. Ditched the side panels and added (K&N?) filters. Did you experience many problems doing this? Any benefits? What are the pipes?

Thanks

No negative effects whatsoever. Pipes are British Customs drag pipes.

·
Banned
1,209 Posts
old thread I know but didn't want to start another....how do you jack up bike to remove front wheel ....changed wheels on dozens of bikes but the Bobber seems to tip forward when I put the jack under the subframe...where is the safest sweet spot??

·
Banned
1,209 Posts
I used a scissor jack as far forward of the frame as I could. Lifted until the wheel just cleared the floor. No issues.
ok cheers...that area looked a bit delicate to me ....did your scissor jack go under it or di you improvise with scaffold boards under front wheel to get the sub frame up a bit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes. No other way. Good news: it take about ten minutes. I take mine on and off regularly.

Is it absolutely necessary to remove both front disc brakes in order to remove the wheel? I’d like to remove the wheel in as few a steps as possible as I’m just replacing the front fender.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts