Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my ignorance, however I am in the process of installing the short front fender, and for the love of me cannot figure out how to take off the front wheel. Is there a special tool for removing the axel tube?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes. No other way. Good news: it take about ten minutes. I take mine on and off regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello there
You have changed the pipes and headlight. Ditched the side panels and added (K&N?) filters. Did you experience many problems doing this? Any benefits? What are the pipes?
Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello there

You have changed the pipes and headlight. Ditched the side panels and added (K&N?) filters. Did you experience many problems doing this? Any benefits? What are the pipes?

Thanks

No negative effects whatsoever. Pipes are British Customs drag pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
old thread I know but didn't want to start another....how do you jack up bike to remove front wheel ....changed wheels on dozens of bikes but the Bobber seems to tip forward when I put the jack under the subframe...where is the safest sweet spot??

·
Registered
725 Posts
I used a scissor jack as far forward of the frame as I could. Lifted until the wheel just cleared the floor. No issues.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I used a scissor jack as far forward of the frame as I could. Lifted until the wheel just cleared the floor. No issues.
ok cheers...that area looked a bit delicate to me ....did your scissor jack go under it or di you improvise with scaffold boards under front wheel to get the sub frame up a bit?

·
Registered
534 Posts
strike that above.... front wheel on Scaffold board and jack went under fine at front of subframe....thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts