Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody managed to remove the treaded inserts from the ends of Bobber bars? I'd like to fit some aftermarket bars by cutting slots in the bars and using the old inserts to allow fitment of the heated grips. They don't look to be welded in possibly just taper / interference fit?

·
Registered
347 Posts
There's loads on the forum on this, probably better searching bar end indicators than heated grips.
You wont get them out
More like dreaded inserts than threaded inserts!
Don't you just need slots in the bars for heated grips, what's the insert got to do with them?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The wiring for the heated grips feed in through the ends of the bars so I need something to bolt my bar end weights / covers to. I'll probably just knock some up out of aluminium and take a slice of one side to allow the wiring to pass through. A grub screw would hold them in.

·
Registered
399 Posts
There's always the cut the ends off the bars and weld the insert tips onto your new bars. Lot of work and a major pain, but that's an option as well.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funnily enough, I've got a pair of surplus bars and I was considering transplanting eight inches from each bar end. That would take cars of all cut outs threaded inserts and assorted holes!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Funnily enough, I've got a pair of surplus bars and I was considering transplanting eight inches from each bar end. That would take cars of all cut outs threaded inserts and assorted holes!!
And depending on what type of finish you prefer there is always the powder coat option when you are done cutting and welding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts