Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody removed the reflectors from the front forks yet? Are they just stuck on? Any issues or marks left after removal ?

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used a plastic paint scraper to get under it and pry them off. WD40, a paper towel and some elbow grease finished off the remaining adhesive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I removed the front fork reflectors by using my wife's hair dryer to heat the the reflector which makes the glue used to apply the reflector more pliable. I then took a piece of nylon fishing line and pulled it down with both hands behind the reflector. They popped right off with no marks on the fork. I then used Goof Off to remove the remaining glue residue.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I haven't taken a single one off. I find them all to be relatively subtle and if they add a bit of safety being seen, leaving them on for the time being.

Maybe once the pipes are louder and can be heard before seen I'll take them off, but not unhappy with the reflectors. They aren't ,in my opinion, gaudy. Yeah, they are some stuck on plastic.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just pealed them off and then used rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease. Mo Betta....

Walk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Depending on where you live and how strict the law enforcement is, you may need to have at least the rear reflector and some areas require 2.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I'll remove the refelctors too once i install the upper fork blackout tubes & have the matris suspension put in!
It does look much better without them!

Liking the Explorer in the background.....alot!!!! :smile2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks man!
That's my demo in the background since I got my Bobber I gave up my demo Bobber

Too any Triumph's in the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts