Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
It is the LOW PRESSURE OIL LAMP and means absolutely NOTHING if the engine isn’t running:
The low oil pressure warning light will illuminate if the ignition is switched ON without running the engine.

Only worry if it comes on when the ENGINE is running.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Isn't using the kill switch a dangerous choice with regards to shutting down as when using the ignition switch the bike will go through a set procedure, whereas the kill switch will overide this and could potentially cause damage? Maybe me being an over cautious engineer 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I’ve always just used the kick stand while in gear and then just remove the key.
Never had an issue (I’ve had quite a few bikes) and come to think of it, I can ever remember using the kill switch. Ever.
(*apart from starting the engine, of course !)
Its also a habit as I always leave my bike in gear when parked.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm the opposite - I've never used the key to turn off the engine! I've always gone kill switch first then key. No issues so far - what an I missing out on? 😋

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I don’t think you’re missing anything. We all just have our own way of stopping the engine/bike.
Go by the manual or use the kick stand to stop the engine running like I do. Your bike, your choice.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Haha! I’m far from being a source of all knowledge. But I can honestly say that if I would have had any mishaps occur from the way I turn off my engine, I would gladly share it with the forum to save it from happening from anyone else.

Judging from the YouTube video, it looks like this is time I got lucky and was correct with my info >:)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Which bike stopped the engine by lowering the kick stand 40 years ago?:confused:

Chico
Dang if I can remember. :| When you get my age you just make up stuff. :laugh:

I do remember that BMW's kick stand popped up if you unloaded it. I watched a guy who was not familiar with motorcycles drop a BMW after the kick stand popped up. He took out a whole row of bikes in a domino effect. It was a hoot to watch. >:) I think the ignition/kickstand interlock started shortly after that. 30 years ago?? 25 years ago??

Anyway, as soon as you could stop a bike by putting down the kick stand that's what I started doing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts