Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you remove the rear tire by utilizing a paddock stand and bobbins? I?m going to be putting in the shortened rear fender and want to remove the rear tire during the install.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chico. That was my concern. I was wondering if there was enough room to get the wheel off. I guess I only have one way to find out... (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
370 Posts
A bit blurry but I think that says 27mm which would be correct. Just went to the store bought a bunch and returned the ones that didn’t fit haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi guys I’m about to try removing my rear wheel tonight so o can remove the fender, is it just a case of loosening the the 27mm bolt and taking out the spindle or do I have to do anything with the chain tensioners and calliper?

So I’ve been used to single sided swing arms for the last 6 years so not had this trouble before.

Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just keep an eye on the caliper, as it looks wrong on refit, if you didn't pay attention - it isn't - just looks, and I didn't mess with the tensioners, just ensure all is square and against the tensioner when putting back together.
It is humanly possible to remove fender without removing wheel, but not worth the effort if you have the stand.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi guys I’m about to try removing my rear wheel tonight so o can remove the fender, is it just a case of loosening the the 27mm bolt and taking out the spindle or do I have to do anything with the chain tensioners and calliper?

So I’ve been used to single sided swing arms for the last 6 years so not had this trouble before.

Thanks
You need to slacken off the chain tension otherwise you wont get the chain off. I don't want to come over too patronising, but it isn't exactly rocket science. Buy a Haynes manual maybe?

·
Registered
519 Posts
You need to slacken off the chain tension otherwise you wont get the chain off. I don't want to come over too patronising, but it isn't exactly rocket science. Buy a Haynes manual maybe?
Rocket science it is not...but no need to do anything with chain tension. You are just creating more work.

Slide the axle out, move the wheel forward, and the chain easily comes off. The wheel can be removed and installed easily without ever touching the chain adjustment. If no adjustment is needed, don’t mess with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Managed no bother, got my short fender on too, I had to take off the wheel due to one of the bottom bolts having a broken thread, finally got it out after a lot of swearing lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts