Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m almost done with the rearsets I am making and thought I would give you all a sneak peek.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Desert, nice work and like you I also looked at those 2 opposing mounting holes on the frame and that Triumph may have intended them for a rear set setup.

So I have bolted up race pegs on either side and found that the distance between the seat and the pegs may perhaps be too short.

What are your thoughts?

I like your design for the plates, unlimited positioning.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Desert, nice work and like you I also looked at those 2 opposing mounting holes on the frame and that Triumph may have intended them for a rear set setup.

So I have bolted up race pegs on either side and found that the distance between the seat and the pegs may perhaps be too short.

What are your thoughts?

I like your design for the plates, unlimited positioning.
T-rider,

The holes are for passenger pegs on the Speedmaster (same frame) which is where I got the inspiration for my plates. I drilled around the plate for styling but discover I could also adjust the position, eyeball engineering at it’s finest! The pegs are ~ 15 inches below the seat and they feel good with the clip-on bars thus far.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Mike J,

Comfort is not much of a factor with this type of riding position. This machine handle so well I wanted to see how it would do on the track.
I see, that makes more sense, although I suspect you’ll have to revise the position/shape of the seat also... otherwise you’ll end up with a squeaky voice! :grin2::wink2:

Joking aside, at 6ft.4” there’s just no way on earth I’d manage to get my 36” leg tucked away in that position... not unless I sat on the fuel tank!

None the less it’ll be interesting to see the final result and I’m keen to learn about how you get along out on track ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike J,

Comfort is not much of a factor with this type of riding position. This machine handle so well I wanted to see how it would do on the track.
I see, that makes more sense, although I suspect you’ll have to revise the position/shape of the seat also... otherwise you’ll end up with a squeaky voice!

Joking aside, at 6ft.4” there’s just no way on earth I’d manage to get my 36” leg tucked away in that position... not unless I sat on the fuel tank!

None the less it’ll be interesting to see the final result and I’m keen to learn about how you get along out on track /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Mike J,

Fortunately for me my genes are from the Shire at 5’ 6’ ???.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So I would believe the foot peg as shown on this same mount on the bike by a Bike Brothers prototype plus the shifter as shown by Motone installed reversed so that the peg is facing your toe would work. There would be no need for any linkage from what I’m thinking.

The other side might require some length of linkage.

I’m going to ask a friend who works at a metal shop to see about getting some 1/4”-3/8” Aluminum and some spacers to fabricate by hand a similar mount for both sides. Bolt on some race pegs in the outer drilled Center hole of the mounts.

Think this just may work out

Actually TC Bros make a nice decent set of universal rearsets with linkages that may work on this foot peg mount

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
I really would like rear sets, the bike drags its undercarriage far too early for
Correctamundo, someone who understands physics, But if you want a "Bobber Racer" you need to raise the seat to start with, the rear sets would be a second thought, but it will ALWAYS be A BOBBER Because that's the way the maker intended it to be, don't get me wrong Please I've raised my seat but only to give a more upright seating position, which does work, but as Bob says the bike drags it's undercarriage, so if you're going to do this and thinking your going to beat the guy on the Thruxton around the next corner... think again, all EGO'S aside unless your ability to ride a bike is far superior to the person on the other bike, forget about it, you'll just get laughed at, absolutely no offence to anyone,a$$holes included.

·
Registered
366 Posts
But if you were Really serious about it you could raise the rear ride height, that would sharpen the steering but then you need to upgrade the brakes and also need to think about steering geometry so you don't get a "tank slapper experience" tick been there, there'sa LOT more to this than just sticking a pair of rear set's on, unless you just want to look like you can go fast to the granny in the car in FRONT of you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts