Registered
360 Posts
Looks great!
What does the "17555" stand for?

mike

·
Registered
71 Posts
That looks great! I would like to try something similar. Are you able to take some closer photos of the rear assembly including the LHS, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not sure if this is right place to post but here goes, UK Law.

I’ve linked below an interesting article and if I’m reading it right, it states that it’s OK to have integrated rear brake/running light and indicators. If anyone thinks this to be the case then I’m guessing it’s ok to just have two intergrated brake/indicators? No need for big red brake light on top of rear mudguard/fender.
The Bobber is great but the rear fender/mudguard light setup is an abortion.

And if it’s UK legal it must be in Europe as it stands.

Any thoughts or wisdom appreciated, Jed

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/your-questions-answered-march-2013/

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I have gone for the BikeBrothers short rear fender with integrated running/brake/indicator lights. Tidies up the rear of the bike nicely and is really well made.
The (side) license plate holder is illuminated as well.

Just received all the bits 30mins ago and plan to have them installed on Saturday. So i will post pics once done.

I´m not sure about the legality of the all in one lights, but alot of Harleys use them over here in Spain and only swap them out when its MOT time. A bigger problem is the side mounted plate, but if its easily read and well illuminated then for the most part its a non-issue. Obviously it may be alot stricter in the UK.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not sure how legal it is, but this is my current real light setup:

Multifunction Rizomas, I should really have got a picture of them working though :)

·
Registered
117 Posts

Multifunction Rizomas, I should really have got a picture of them working though :)
Cheers Tony, looks great and If my English is correct that’s a UK government site so can’t see how it ain’t road legal. Is the red round disc a rear reflector or light?

·
Registered
261 Posts

Multifunction Rizomas, I should really have got a picture of them working though
Cheers Tony, looks great and If my English is correct that?s a UK government site so can?t see how it ain?t road legal. Is the red round disc a rear reflector or light?
That's a reflector. Most people cut that bracket off. I'm not sure if I've seen anyone leave that reflector on with the short fender.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
That's a reflector. Most people cut that bracket off. I'm not sure if I've seen anyone leave that reflector on with the short fender.
If you must have a reflector, personally i would leave one on/near the numberplate bracket. It looks too much like a brake light where it is now. Just my opinion, obviously :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’m pretty certain now that a pair of EU stamped combination brake/indicators are legal in UK without the need for single brake light. The only thing that is open to PC Plods interpretation is the registration plate being at the rear of the bike, as long as reg plate illuminated and reflector in place it would have to be a c**t of an officer to get fined.
Once I’ve bastardised my tail I’ll post. Cheers all.

·
Vendor
539 Posts
Pics of similar setup we did, honestly the multifunction Turn Signals make the brake light not really needed. My long term plan is to have Motone create a new rear bracket and fender with and without tail light options.
https://youtu.be/_Iga8lFe1Ok

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi, as I started this thread - I am from Czechia, EU, and: side license plate is not legal, combination of tail/indicator light is not legal, indicator lights must have more than minimal specifed distance (therefore Brandon solution is here not legal), licence plate angle must be max 30 degrees. This is how we live here ...
:|

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi, as I started this thread - I am from Czechia, EU, and: side license plate is not legal, combination of tail/indicator light is not legal, indicator lights must have more than minimal specifed distance (therefore Brandon solution is here not legal), licence plate angle must be max 30 degrees. This is how we live here ...
:|
Thanks for the info. I did not realise they were THAT strict in Czech.
By the way....Prague is my favorite place in Europe. Got married there and can´t wait to visit again soon!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts