Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike to work the other day, when I stepped on the rear brake, nothing there. Stop the bike and check,there's only 1 side of the brake pad left with no pin.. call the dealership and the guy told me it can happen depend on how I ride and the conditions of the road.. now when I try to order the pin online, its backorder everywhere. Hanger Pin Set (T2021361)

The pin is backorder everywhere.. any aftermarket pin I can use beside the oem?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I rode my bike to work the other day, when I stepped on the rear brake, nothing there. Stop the bike and check,there's only 1 side of the brake pad left with no pin.. call the dealership and the guy told me it can happen depend on how I ride and the conditions of the road.. now when I try to order the pin online, its backorder everywhere. Hanger Pin Set (T2021361)

The pin is backorder everywhere.. any aftermarket pin I can use beside the oem?
That sounds like a potential safety issue. The security of the brake components should not be dependent upon the riding style and road conditions. We know the rear brake is quite a loose fit but it never occured to me that the retaining pin could just fall out. I often hear a clonk when applying the rear brake which happens when I've rolled the bike backwards and then applied the rear brake so the pads are knocked backwards a bit.

If they are on back order everywhere it's surprising this hasn't been mentioned before.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I believe its a fairly common Nissin caliper. You may be able to find something identical at a Honda dealer or a breakers. There should be a threaded cap that covers the pin. Usually if you ride all year round this can get furred up and can be a swine to remove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts