Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I did my signals over and grips I went to my dealer to get the wrench turned off! While he was in there he updated the calibration table and fuel table and loaded the Vance & Hines map since there is no map for my BC shotguns! That should richen it up a little.
This may be the new updates to cure the stalling problem that everyone is going crazy about over on Rat!

I was able to actually do a test ride today since it was in the mid sixties and the roads were 99% clear. The bike felt a little "sharper" off idle and all thru the lesser throttle settings. I think there is less lag on take off. Hot or cold starting seemed un-effected. There was also slightly less burbling, farting and back firing on roll offs. Some off the new sharpness may have been caused by the fact that I modified the new throttle grip to have zero play in it. They all have about 3 MM of takeup which drove me nuts especially blipping for down shifts. This was the mod that was originated over on the Ducati forum ( see photo ).

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went for another short ride tonite. It seems the idle does't wander as much as it did, steadier idle though it wasn't a problem before!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Vince & Hines, Is There a reMap or not

I have asked in a number of posts but don't seem to get a reply.

I have a new deodorant now.

My dealer tells me there is NO remap for the V+H but folks here say they have had a remap.

Please!

·
Registered
459 Posts
:nerd:
on all my new triumph:
two T120, a classic thruxton, a thruxton R and the Bobber:
always the same from my dealer: no cartography necessary. (V&H Europe/France model)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
on all my new triumph:
two T120, a classic thruxton, a thruxton R and the Bobber:
always the same from my dealer: no cartography necessary. (V&H Europe/France model)
Same here. Had the E.U V&H (before the Zards) and there were never any updates/remaps, etc.

·
Registered
459 Posts
There have always been guys who want to get the best performance from their bikes.
at all times, guys are looking to improve and that's normal 0:)

it is certainly possible to put our bikes on machines to optimize the injection curves and I'm sure it must be better. :)
but I will remain that our Bobber are already very well optimized and that the engineers triumph have done the maximum with the norms :wink2:
if we want to improve our engines perfectly, it certainly requires more than a small electronic box for our machines to become "power monsters" :laugh:.
but this is only my humble opinion.0:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
There have always been guys who want to get the best performance from their bikes.
at all times, guys are looking to improve and that's normal 0:)

it is certainly possible to put our bikes on machines to optimize the injection curves and I'm sure it must be better. :)
but I will remain that our Bobber are already very well optimized and that the engineers triumph have done the maximum with the norms :wink2:
if we want to improve our engines perfectly, it certainly requires more than a small electronic box for our machines to become "power monsters" :laugh:.
but this is only my humble opinion.0:)
I just hate that all of our dealers tell us different things :frown2: they tell us what they think we want to hear.

All I ask is tell me straight - pleeze!:|

The problem is that a number of us have more experience and knowlegde than they do so a whiff of 'Horse poo' sticks out a mile (Kilometer for those on mainland Europe).

·
Registered
116 Posts
They sell an European (non removable baffles) and an US version (with removeable db-killer) of the Vance&Hines mufflers. So I guess there is maybe a ECU map available for the US Bobbers according to less back pressure!

Werner Wernersen0:)

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
All I ask is tell me straight - pleeze!:|
Different exhaust pipes might look better or sound better (to you) than stock, but they can't increase the area under the power curve. They might move a few hp from here to there, but not much more. They might weigh less than the original, so improve power/weight a bit.

Richening the fuel mix might make it produce more power at the cost of higher fuel consumption and more pollution. The factory tunes are designed to pass emissions testing; after market tunes are not.

If power is what you want, get new cams, new valves, and get the engine bored out. That'll need a new tune! >:)

- Pasta

·
Registered
504 Posts
My dealer also did the map for the Vance and Hines and 91 octane fuel. I was standing at the computer when he chose the map. There were a list of several maps some of which specific to different regions of the world. If I remember correctly my map was specific to North America Vance and Hines and 91 octane.

My dealer has always presented to me that there was an optional map for the exhaust. If there is not one, then I am not sure what I was looking at but it was specific to the exhaust and octane.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
My dealer also did the map for the Vance and Hines and 91 octane fuel. I was standing at the computer when he chose the map. There were a list of several maps some of which specific to different regions of the world. If I remember correctly my map was specific to North America Vance and Hines and 91 octane.

My dealer has always presented to me that there was an optional map for the exhaust. If there is not one, then I am not sure what I was looking at but it was specific to the exhaust and octane.
With this map and using 91 octane gas, did you notice much of a difference?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I really cannot say. This map was installed on my bike from day 1, as was the exhaust.

I recently went back for a remap when I installed cruise control. That’s when the same map had to be installed again with the addition of the cruise control option.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I really cannot say. This map was installed on my bike from day 1, as was the exhaust.

I recently went back for a remap when I installed cruise control. That’s when the same map had to be installed again with the addition of the cruise control option.
I think you would be a prime candidate to get a dyno done..would answer a lot of peoples' questions and thoughts...(I know, they cost money..that would rather be spent on other things...:smile2:)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts