Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like having a "Bobber" but not thrilled with it being a decal on my bike. Think bike needs a Brit flag somewhere, might be a good spot.

Like to put a bit more power on it, maybe 20 hp's. Wonder if it is illegal to remove the Cat? Probably. I had my 98 Triumph 883 ported and gained 20 ponies. Seems these days you have to go high displacement to get any power as it is squashed by the catalytic.

Wish I could put a chrome handlebar with a little more rise than stock but less than the apes, then it has to have the barrel grips. Can the heat be put under the barrel grips add on? Wish then just gave you the option from the start of the CRG like bar ends. I am so sick of throwing out stock mirrors, esp these that seem pretty good quality. I hate waste.

I had an 07 I believe Triumph Scrambler that seemed so much the same riding as the gas tank was small and the arm/torso position was the same. But the foot position was very different. Wish they had the foot pegs back a bit to a little more aggressive riding position. Would make the rider look a little better too. But once you get off the bike and look at it from the side it shocking the look they attained as the top rider's view is pretty common. They hit the ball out of the park with the lines of this bike. And here we are all trying to change it. Marketing at its best lol.

Wished the engine loped a little slower. When you start it it runs fast and then slows as it warms up. I am used to my Buell I just wrecked but I pretty much bought that bike as I loved the start up. Rumbles.

This bike is SO LOW to the ground. Don't dislike it...just different. My last s3 had a seat height of 32.5 inches...Bobber 27.2" Weird sitting at a light. But it handles great. Falls into corners confidently.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I like having a "Bobber" but not thrilled with it being a decal on my bike. Think bike needs a Brit flag somewhere, might be a good spot.

Like to put a bit more power on it, maybe 20 hp's. Wonder if it is illegal to remove the Cat? Probably. I had my 98 Triumph 883 ported and gained 20 ponies. Seems these days you have to go high displacement to get any power as it is squashed by the catalytic.

Wish I could put a chrome handlebar with a little more rise than stock but less than the apes, then it has to have the barrel grips. Can the heat be put under the barrel grips add on? Wish then just gave you the option from the start of the CRG like bar ends. I am so sick of throwing out stock mirrors, esp these that seem pretty good quality. I hate waste.

I would say, yes, it prob is "against the rules" to remove the cat, same as on cars.......however I and many others have done it. Doing so does give you a bit more rumble, but it won't be close to the Buell. (Buells IMO sound awesome, for the longest time I wanted the Lightning SG..or was it SC....the lower one).

Agree it would be nice to have the bars a tad higher and a tad closer.

I actually really like the stock bar end mirrors. Not to big, not to small, and best of all they are functional....I can actually see what's behind me.....

I too am not a fan of the Bobboer sticker and would have removed it, but it's under the clear coat...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree the mirrors work real well, just used to about 20 years of looking at the end of the bar which also gives great view. Just wish you could get options on some things out of the showroom instead of the replacement that are likely in the back room (like the mirror option) and easily switched. Name of the game is $ tho...I understand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pict of my lost love Buell xb12s lightning rear ended and totalled (I would have died without a helmet as it was banged up....note to self). May buy another sometime and hide it at my business property from the wifey. They are very affordable.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Pict of my lost love Buell xb12s lightning rear ended and totalled (I would have died without a helmet as it was banged up....note to self). May buy another sometime and hide it at my business property from the wifey. They are very affordable.
I love the Buell business model. I wish he could have kept things going. I really thought that with the last try and business manager that we'd be seeing these bikes on the market for a good long time! I live a few miles from the factory and have met and spoken with Erik a few times. Nice guy, but obviously not the best businessman.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Agree that the sticker is out of place. Just too slick for the bike, almost cartoon-ish.

As for the height and only having a 25" inseam, I ain't complaining.

Reactions: Treeman

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That bike is just plain good lookin.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I found a local guy - Springfield Vt. - that designed, printed and applied the Union Jack flag to my Thunderbird (both sides of course).. for only $30. I'd guess it's 3M vinyl.
I never even clear coated over it and it has held up for some 7 yrs so far.

I need to find him again and thank him again.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Treeman, you need a custom built carburetor bike... No pun intended!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Zanetti, you can probably find them again if you ride around the area. Maybe you'll see a landmark and remember the general area of their store. Also a chance to ride your Bobber around.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If I get rich or if I grow up someday I'd like to have a Confederate Hellcat. Bobber just fine for now tho. Re...OleCharlie

·
Registered
363 Posts
If I get rich or if I grow up someday I'd like to have a Confederate Hellcat. Bobber just fine for now tho. Re...OleCharlie

https://youtu.be/Vsxu3gQquKg
When I first got my Bobber, I met up with one of my buddies (he had just gotten a bmw 1200gs) to go riding. When he saw it, he immediately mentioned that the Bobber reminded him of the Confederate hellcat.

I'm with you on this one... someday.

(oh, and hope Confederate motors isn't getting any negative press, etc. right now, or any petitions for them to change their name - being that it may offend anybody.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts