Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
East coast has been pretty soggy of late seems like thunderstorms every other hour , so taking out one the bikes Is a bit of a gamble , but there are always "mods" to do to pass the time away , apart from a corbin seat and Fox or Wilber shock there's not much else I want to do to the bobber . Some time ago I installed a Mivv Xcone exhaust system on my BMW R9T It looked ok but I was never really happy It I knew at some point I would have to do something about the way It looked....so yesterday , yep still raining , I tore into the R9T cutting and grinding the exhaust up , thinking to my self this Is a $800 exhaust I hope you know what your doing :surprise: anyway to late now , after a couple of trips to my local Autozone store to pick up connectors ,clamps ,bendy pipes ,ect ect I set about moving the cans from the side of the bike to under the seat and after almost six hours of cutting , grinding , and welding I think I got It to work , LMAO I actually like the way It looks and It sounds bloody awesome . So I think a day well spent , just managed to dodge the showers today the bike performs really well no rattles vibrations or knocking of the exhaust anywhere . Im bored again :frown2:
Some before and after pix .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Nice R nineT! I miss mine but it was getting too hard for me to throw my leg over the saddle. :frown2:

I'm so sick of the rain that I can't see straight.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mar-Vel,

Thanks for sharing this. Not my style of bike at all but I can certainly appreciated it. My brother (RIP) would have loved this.

Looks really good Mar-Vel well done!

Cheerio,

Roy

I know what you mean Roy ...I was never a fan of the boxer engine , but after I saw the R9T It was love at first sight , the bike has so much character .

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sweeeeet!!! I have had the last two weeks for vacation:surprise: It's been dicey but I have gotten a few good rides in!0:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good work man, never understood why bmw chose to hide the beautiful single sided swingarm with the exhaust to begin with.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Almost bought R9t that was selling under msrp at our local import shop, it was 2 years old and still new just a few demo miles. Liked the cafe style but glad i made my choice with the british bike .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts