Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My quilted seat arrived this morning. Ordered from World of Triumph 6 days ago - so very quick and efficient service!

Install took all of 15 mins including moving the screw plates from the OEM seat.
Level of difficulty = 1/10 (it means if i can do it, ANYONE can :wink2:)

The seat obviously sits me higher than the really low statement seat. So it took me a few minutes to reacclimatize myself with that position.
Overall, straight away it feels (for my tailbone) much better than stock due to its flatter profile. Anyone coming from an OEM will feel a distinct lack of ¨cupping¨ (i.e support) & you are less locked into place.
Coming from a statement it gives around the same level of support (on a wider platform), but feels like my tush is being pampered in a first class lounge :grin2:
Only a long ride will tell if the sponge/filling is good quality and does not push on my tailbone or create any hotspots. I will update later on, as i only had time for a quick ride today.
It is positioned in the rear-most setting and that is definitely the best place for my height and build (6´ 1¨, 96+kg).
I have a black pan on order, but like the look of the silver base with the brown seat. So the black underpan will be used with the (black) Corbin when it arrives.

Overall first impression: Very happy with the feel, quality and flat(ter) profile. We will see in a few hundred KMs if my coccyx agrees...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice!

I rode my bike the 30 mile trip home on the stock black seat the day I bought the bike. The next day, I went back to the dealership and bought the brown quilted seat. It gives more freedom to shift around on the seat in corners (I'm a former knee dragger on a Ducati that the bobber replaced). I did remove the cover of the seat and cut down the foam a little so it would have less forward slant but that is personal preference (and necessary for my 62 year old bad back). The only thing I may someday do is recover it in real cow skin.

BTW, I myself like the silver seatpan because it ties togeather with the engine side covers.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That compliments the bike well to my eye :)

I hope it proves to be nice and comfy for you long term buddy! ;)
Thanks Mike. I appreciate that. :smile2:
The weather turns a bit wet starting from Wednesday (mad Spring weather), so looks like a long ride report will only happen the following weekend. I’m going to get at least 250KM+ during a days ride to test out the seat with another 200km the following day to see if there are any aches or pains.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Andrew.
Give yourself some time to adjust to the seat.
Unless it’s really bad, I don’t think it’s possible to judge in just a few rides.
It took me over 1000km to let my bum get used to the hard Statement seat. Kind of like endurance training :crying:
I still stand by my comments; the statement is a great seat for short (ish) rides.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm a bit spolit when it comes to seats as my other bike is a BMW R1200GS and that seat is fantastic. Have ridden for 7 hours on that and could easily still walk at the end of the day :)

If you can handle the Statement seat then I reckon you can manage anything. A plank of wood would be more comfy!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those new seats look fantastic, what a difference the accented color makes on the bike. Glad to know that it doesn't look like the mod will require any serious adjustments.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those new seats look fantastic, what a difference the accented color makes on the bike. Glad to know that it doesn't look like the mod will require any serious adjustments.
It strange how a seat can have such an impact on the way a bike looks.
The statement seat made the Bobber look more “moody” and somewhat aggressive. The quilted seat has softened the look ALOT. Not bad, just different.

When I ride with the Harley guys, I’ll definitely have to put the statement back on. I mean, some of the group have metal seats :eek: so I can’t be seen with anything even remotely comfy or I’ll be exiled immediately :grin2:

·
Registered
789 Posts
I like the way you give a personal touch to everything you do.
Very nice!
I just can't stand having someone with the exact same bike as me. I usually hang with either an Indian group or a Harley group ( I have several ) as none of my buds ride Triumphs! When we go to bike nites there are usually a couple of hundred Harleys and a dozen or so of something else ! My Local dealer has sold 11 Bobbers but I have never seen another on the road. But my obssesion with one of a kind just forces me to personalize everything I can.

The Bobber does draw a huge crowd with my Harley buds and just slightly less the Indian crowd. I will never forget the time my Bobber was parked next to my buddies $40,000 Indian Elite and several guys walking by and said nice Triumph or **** nice Trumphet! >:)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I just can't stand having someone with the exact same bike as me. I usually hang with either an Indian group or a Harley group ( I have several ) as none of my buds ride Triumphs! When we go to bike nites there are usually a couple of hundred Harleys and a dozen or so of something else ! My Local dealer has sold 11 Bobbers but I have never seen another on the road. But my obssesion with one of a kind just forces me to personalize everything I can.

The Bobber does draw a huge crowd with my Harley buds and just slightly less the Indian crowd. I will never forget the time my Bobber was parked next to my buddies $40,000 Indian Elite and several guys walking by and said nice Triumph or **** nice Trumphet! >:)
This past Saturday I went to visit my local HD dealership. I didn't know that they were having a party with food and a band. I just wanted to purchase a part. When I came out of the store and approached my Bobber in the parking lot, I saw a few guys admiring it and asked me a lot of questions about the bike. It was a warm feeling.

Chico

1 - 20 of 49 Posts