Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I’ve just fitted the black quilted seat to my Bobber and because I haven’t seen many pictures I thought I’d share this one.

I was tempted by the statement leather seat but I really like the brushed aluminium pan so I decided to go with the quilted seat instead. I haven’t done many miles on it yet so it’s hard to say whether it’s more or less comfortable that stock but what I can say it seems to be a bit flatter and so it doesn’t cup your backside as much but let’s sees how it beds in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I just had the dealer order both comfort seats so I could figure out which one I like. The quilted seat definitely looks thicker.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It maybe slightly thicker than stock but it's not much, I think the main thing is it's less cupped but it does look good. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Looks really nice. Might be tempted to place an order :grin2:
Can you take a pic from above, please?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
It maybe slightly thicker than stock but it's not much, I think the main thing is it's less cupped but it does look good. :smile2:
Do you feel like it spreads your weight better than the stock?
I can't say i have any real complaints with the stock seat; it supports me and my behind well and does not give me any hot spots or discomfort. I like the way it is ´cupped´.
Really , the only reason for change is because i like the pattern of the ´comfort´seat.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately since I fitted the quilted seat it’s not stopped raining here so I haven’t done that many miles. But first impressions are that it feels more bench like and cups your backside less than the stock one. I love the way it looks and I wouldn’t say it’s less comfy but I prefer the connected feel of the stock seat. Having said that I’ve only ridden a few miles and once it beds in a bit, it might be a whole different story.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update

After a few weeks of living with the quilted seat here are my thoughts:

It’s much more bench like than stock and I can definitely say that in the forward position with the stock bars it doesn’t feel as good as standard seat. I wouldn’t say it's any less or more comfortable than stock but the flat profile of the quilted seat just doesn’t work with the stock drag bars. So much so that up until a few days ago I was thinking of sticking it on eBay. That was until I tried the seat in the fully back position, wow what a difference 2” makes! The seat’s profile now works well and I love it, it looks good and feels great, awesome!

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

It’s much more bench like than stock and I can definitely say that in the forward position with the stock bars it doesn’t feel as good as standard seat. I wouldn’t say it's any less or more comfortable than stock but the flat profile of the quilted seat just doesn’t work with the stock drag bars. So much so that up until a few days ago I was thinking of sticking it on eBay. That was until I tried the seat in the fully back position, wow what a difference 2” makes! The seat’s profile now works well and I love it, it looks good and feels great, awesome!

Thanks for the update.
Glad you are comfy now :wink2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey. I just got the red quilted seat delivered to my house and of course, there aren't any directions for installation. How did you install yours?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seat Swap

It takes some doing!

First remove the three torx bolts at the front of the seat and lift the whole unit off.

Then remove the two nylon nuts that hold the pan to the seat’s cantilever arm (you need to do this to access an allen key bolt that lays under neither).

Remove all the allen key bolts from the pan including the two holding the Triumph name plate in place.

Remove the seat!!

Now from the seat you’ve just removed take off the metal clips that the allen key bolts screw into and put them on the new seat. Note take care with aligning these as it’s easy to get them misaligned.

Once you’ve done this, reverse the process and you’re there :smile2:

Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts

A ladder fell and hit my bike while installing the Xpipe over the weekend. It dented my rear fender, and also put two rips in the stock seat.....so looking at seat options (or may try to get that goo fix). So the quilted seat was not comfortable in the forward position? I am 5'9" an would prefer to leave the seat in the forward position. I do like the "cupping" factor of the stock seat. Love the look of the quilted seat....

Are you still using the seat, and in the rear position?

Anyone know any good fixes for a 1 inch rip? I remember seeing commercials of some go that could be used....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts