Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick before and after of my Bobber. I purchased it last year, rode it all fall, and then dropped it off for a little transformation over the winter. I wanted an old school look but with all the modern goodies (ABS, Traction Control, Etc.). Should have it back in 2 more weeks. Its about about 75% done in the current pic. I'll post some new pics and all the specs when its finished. I have the same builder working on my sons Thruxton R. I'll also share some pics of it when we get it back. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Really nice ! Where did you get that chain ?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the forum and that's an outstanding look on the zorst!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks pretty sweet. That 2nd bend looks a bit odd though. To me it would look cleaner if it 90’d and then straight down, but I like straight clean lines. I do like the way the finish on the pipes looks though.

Looking forward to seeing the finish product

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks pretty sweet. That 2nd bend looks a bit odd though. To me it would look cleaner if it 90’d and then straight down, but I like straight clean lines. I do like the way the finish on the pipes looks though.

Looking forward to seeing the finish product

I agree on the bend. I think the builder wanted to line it up with the pipe coming from the other side. It does not look as drastic in person. Even so, we are actually going to flatten out the first bend a little. I think that will deemphasize the second bend.

This is the view from the left hand side. Again, we are going to clean up that bend. I think the builder wanted to maximize flow (and performance) but I dont think it will make that much of a difference!!

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I was wondering what the lower pipe was. I wasn’t looking at my bike, but seeing it from the other side now it makes sense. Very interesting. You are definitely making it your own. That is a mod I haven’t seen. Looking good

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very interesting take on the Bobber. Don't know if it's what you're going for but the bike seems to be leaning steampunk.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A few more pics (exhaust redo before and after, custom license/taillight bracket, and front brake upgrade). Builder needed a few more weeks. Should have in back in a couple more and will post full pics then! Cant wait..

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's an older 13" LaRosa. I really like thier old school distressed finish on it. I attempted to find a new one in 16" but I am having a hard time getting them to respond if they have the same type of suede. Thus, I am sticking with this one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Couple more pics. In an effort to clean up space around the engine we moved the ignition and fuses to the old battery location. Battery under the bike where the cat used to be. Also, a pic of my sons Thruxton with the Bobber. Main goal is to have a lot of negative (empty space) around the engine to keep it clean and give it an old school look. Waiting out the hurricane before picking them up sometime next week.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts