Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my new 2018 Bobber Black in Matte has no switch for DRL’s. I was under the assumption this was standard. Does anyone know why my bike wouldn’t have these?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The large grey switch on the left simply toggles between DRL’s and dipped beam. You have to run one of the other. Full beam is located on a smaller button on the same side, on the far side of the bar.

Hope that helps ;)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
On the U.S. Bobber Black you do not have a switch for DRL's. The lights come on automatically. Your only choice is high or low beams. If we had DRL's the switch would be on the left side.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The DRL’s are on by default on all European BB’s. You can switch from DRL’s to dipped beam, but it isn’t possible to run with no lights at all. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Just to be clear...You do technically have a switch for the DRL’s on the Bobber Black... it’s a toggle switch. It enables you to switch between DRL’s and your dipped beam.

You have a choice to run with either option but both can’t be turned off at the same time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Makes sense. Seems like a useless option. If DRL’s are to be safer, than the dipped beam would be even more safe. What’s the point, to save battery? The engine would be running regardless.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The DR light is more focused and brighter than low beam when looking at it, so it increases likeliness to be seen during day.
It is not made to illuminate the road and would only blind traffic at night, that’s why you can switch between both.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts