Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a shop to install rizoma club s lights in the rear and rage lights in the front.

Problem is now whenever I hit the hazards, all the lights stop working. I did change the info button to TYPE 2.

I do remember the tech saying he had to swap out the OEM resistors, I am wondering if that was a problem since he didnt know there was the TYPE 1234 setting in the info button.

Anyone else run into this issue?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have the Rizomas Club S also. No issues. Also didn't require the resistors. Didn't need to change any settings either. Everything worked fine after install. Sounds like something isn't wired correct.

Did you use connectors or are the wires all cut and soldered? I ask because they are not plug and play and the connectors on the Rizomas and the OEM harness are different. Rizoma doesn't make a plug n play adapter kit for the Bobber yet either. Although even if they did I don't think it would all fit under the small cover.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got a shop to install rizoma club s lights in the rear and rage lights in the front.

Problem is now whenever I hit the hazards, all the lights stop working. I did change the info button to TYPE 2.

I do remember the tech saying he had to swap out the OEM resistors, I am wondering if that was a problem since he didnt know there was the TYPE 1234 setting in the info button.

Anyone else run into this issue?
I don't have rizoma, but have the same issue with my lights. Hazards kill all lights. I'd love to know why!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Did you have a Triumph dealer do it or an Indy? I wasn't aware you could change the stock resistors? If he didn't know to change the settings he may have added resistance to try and make it work?

Also the front and rear need to be balanced or from the same type. They cannot require different resistance. I am unfamiliar with Rage?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have rizoma, but have the same issue with my lights. Hazards kill all lights. I'd love to know why!
ok so everything works now, let me go through what happened and maybe you can figure out what resolved the issue, because I don't know what I did lol.

I pick up the bike and tried out the lights with the engine off. Everything worked well. I ride the bike out of the lot, and half way riding i realize the turns dont work. I park the bike and turn off the bike and turn it back on, I see that the signals work for about 15 seconds, and then they would stop working.

I emailed the tech and he instructed me to go through the TYPE settings on the bike. It was default on 1, I changed it to 2, which made the signals work, but once I hit the hazards it would kill the all the turns, I would need to turn the bike off and on for the signals to even work. TYPE 3 and 4 were the same and did not work with the turns.

Later on that night, I changed the settings back to TYPE 1 and for some reason everything now works as it should. I dont know if the system just needed to be reset a couple of times or what, but its finally working.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have a Triumph dealer do it or an Indy? I wasn't aware you could change the stock resistors? If he didn't know to change the settings he may have added resistance to try and make it work?

Also the front and rear need to be balanced or from the same type. They cannot require different resistance. I am unfamiliar with Rage?
It was an Indy, and I think thats exactly what he did with the extra resistors.

Here are the rage ones

https://www.newragecycles.com/Aftermarket_Turn_Signals_s/1823.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts