Triumph Bobber Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congratulations on your purchase! Can't wait to see some pics soon. Any mods you're considering right away?
Thanks mate , first thing tail tidy , Probably Rizoma turn signals , and a side license plate holder just for starters...Oh yeah and probably a brown diamond cut seat .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow I got really lucky, I think going to a dealership is the complete wrong way to do this if you know about Motorcycles and what to check for when buying from a private owner. I first went to a dealership who was selling a 2018 Morello Red T Bobber which is my dream bike and the sticker price was $8,999. It was a demo but nothing wrong with it of course and had about 200 miles on it. I asked how much the OTD price would be if I turned in my very well maintained 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS with 3500 miles on it. They had taken off 3800 for the trade in and after the state tax and dmv fees which of course I have no issue paying the total cost in cash OTD was $6537. Then I looked at the freight and handling charges which added up to $1800 together! This made the OTD price close to $8400 plus they wanted my VULCAN S ABS which most dealerships in my area have a sticker price of minimum $5,999 without their fees. That’s just crazy, I understand if they would agree to charge me for the amount they paid but $1800 is a scam especially since it is a business expense and can be written off plus many other dealerships I have dealt with in the past have completely knocked off these fees if you haggle with them for a while they will budge. So I found some private dealers and called around and I found a 2018 Morello Red Bobber with 900 miles and paid $8500 cash. That is just $100 more than the dealership wanted but now I still have my Vulcan S to sell. Do the research and take your time and do not let these dealers take advantage of you future Bobber buyers! Love the bike! Ride safe!

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's 14,400 EUR here (in matte) including freight and tax = roughly 16,800 USD.

I managed to get 7% off and the dealership is providing 10% discount on any accessories and apparel for 12 months after the bike purchase.

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
I doubt you'll believe me but... pretty sure I got the best deal out of anyone. I drove from Indianapolis to Chicago for this deal.

2018 Bobber Black Matte... new, 3 miles on the clock, listed at $9,500... I got it $11490 out the door. I even tried to haggle with 'em!! ha ha... they said No, that's the price. I took off work and showed up the next day ready to pay cash... they said why not do the 0% for 4 years as well? Ok, didn't know that was an option! (Two weeks prior I wasn't even looking for a motorcycle.)

Kept waiting for the scam to appear. It never did. Great people at the dealership... finally I heard from an employee that a dealer closed out west and they got all their inventory to unload.

Chicago Motoworks still has some in stock it looks like, though they raised the price of the Matte a bit:

Pre-owned motorcycles in Chicago | Motoworks Chicago

They are listed under used; don't know why. Maybe they titled it or the previous shop did? But I don't think so, cause they gave me the origin of manufacture from Triumph when I registered it in Indiana.

All I can tell you is it was a legit deal and they were great people there.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts