Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....A potentially new bobber owner here....Just left my local Triumph dealer , Bobber ( Gloss ) black $14,800 out the door . Thoughts please . Good , bad , about right . I thought 1K freight and prep Is a bit high :surprise: what do you guys think ?

Thanks..........

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello Mar-Vel are you some sort of comic hero ?

Any way I see it like this I think if you look closely into peoples lively hoods people do have an hourly rate and there you have it.
Thinking I've just bought a bobber but maybe think for a moment about the logistics be it legal paper work or actual transportation.
Thats my take on the possible charges , on the other hand I might be completely wrong.
All the best n good luck

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey guys....A potentially new bobber owner here....Just left my local Triumph dealer , Bobber ( Gloss ) black $14,800 out the door . Thoughts please . Good , bad , about right . I thought 1K freight and prep Is a bit high :surprise: what do you guys think ?

Thanks..........
I think my freight and prep were $775.00

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you think that is high...offer less. You can’t be afraid of “no” and that’s all they can say. They should be afraid of “no” from you....unless their market is really good and don’t have to deal.

Think ahead also. Maybe they would be willing do your first service for free if you buy. Ask for it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you think that is high...offer less. You can’t be afraid of “no” and that’s all they can say. They should be afraid of “no” from you....unless their market is really good and don’t have to deal.

Think ahead also. Maybe they would be willing do your first service for free if you buy. Ask for it.
LOL yeah I was going to ask for a free first service If I make my mind up to buy . Freight and prep are lumped into the 1K so not sure how much freight alone would be .

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks EricBerry.....Its broken down a little differently but out the door price Is almost the same . hmmm I didn't get any dealer discount though .

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My price for 2017 Bobber as follows: Unit price, $10,822.00- freight, $495.00-prep, $395.00-document fee, $245.00-title transfer fee, $105.00. Tax $731.77, tax based on bike plus extras less trade-in.
I don't know how this advances or helps with the subject at hand, prices differ depending on location and how eager the seller is to make a deal.

Chico

·
Registered
114 Posts
My Bobber Black cost me $13,177 minus the $250 deposit I put down, no freight/setup fees or anything. Only a $27 NH title fee, which is really nice, and is just how my dealer operates without those costs so it's awesome. I've had other bikes I bought new that had roughly a $700 average extra fee for all those 'services' though.

Hope that helps!

-Captain

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the input fellas . I guess prices vary depending on dealer and where you live . Only one Triumph dealer where I live so not like Im spoiled for choice .
The bobber Black Is such a new bike the dealer Is reluctant to come down on msrp people are all over these atm ...But Ill keep at It see If I can wear them down a bit .

Thanks .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks EricBerry.....Its broken down a little differently but out the door price Is almost the same . hmmm I didn't get any dealer discount though .
I received the $500 from the down payment for the Back in Black Tour. I'm also shocked to see some of the different prices from different countries. I would assume that this bike sent to Cali which is halfway around the world the freight would be more expensive than other locations. Good Luck!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I intended to trade two bikes in against the bobber black (2016 STRX and 2012 Thruxton 900 both low miles and in showroom condition and $$$$ in mods and upgrades ) but the dealership wont even come close to what IMO they are worth...I ill be selling them privately , If and when that happens ILL BE BACK in black :)

Ride safe all ......

·
Registered
517 Posts
You have to consider how they receive the bike, and then how they pass on any charges to you, whether in total price or additional charges. If they receive the bike in a crate in multiple pieces and then construct it , then its likely they will pass on the cost for this. If they pay somebody else to construct it and then ship it to them, again charges to pass on. Or they need to sell it and knock off 500, which was probably added on somewhere anyway, which is a flexibility they have. We the customer will eventually pay for it somewhere along the line and the dealer will make and Triumph will make.
I imagine all the US states and Canadian provinces have different taxes for VAT and road tax anyway.
If you want it pay for it.
If not just say no and see what they say.

When I brought my street triple in Switzerland, it was shipped form Thailand and constructed by the dealer: steering/forks/tank/ oils, and then set up. This was considered part of the OTR additional price.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so I did It...bought a Bobber Black , dealer said she couldn't move on the price anymore and was the best she could offer and I believe her, simple reason I shopped around and nobody else would come close to what this dealer offered me for my trades , I tried to sell privately but got tired of the stupidity that people came out with one guy offered me his lawn mowing business for my bikes that's how crazy It got...Anyway went into the dealership to day they had sold both bobber blacks they had on the show room floor BUT they had one left still in the crate, they were not sure when they would be getting anymore yeah I know sales person BS right , Iv bought bikes from this dealer in the past and they have always been up front so I trust what they say so I went a head and bought the last Bobber Black they had.......I pick the bike up next weekend .

So I guess Ill be seeing you guys around the forum....

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Ok so I did It...bought a Bobber Black , dealer said she couldn't move on the price anymore and was the best she could offer and I believe her, simple reason I shopped around and nobody else would come close to what this dealer offered me for my trades , I tried to sell privately but got tired of the stupidity that people came out with one guy offered me his lawn mowing business for my bikes that's how crazy It got...Anyway went into the dealership to day they had sold both bobber blacks they had on the show room floor BUT they had one left still in the crate, they were not sure when they would be getting anymore yeah I know sales person BS right , Iv bought bikes from this dealer in the past and they have always been up front so I trust what they say so I went a head and bought the last Bobber Black they had.......I pick the bike up next weekend .

So I guess Ill be seeing you guys around the forum....
Congratulations on your purchase! Can't wait to see some pics soon. Any mods you're considering right away?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts