Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Has anyone fitted a Powercommander to their Bobber yet?

I am waiting for the V&H pipes to come in. Once they are here, it is going in to get the pipes fitted and the Power Commander V fitted at the same time, as well as being dyno tuned. The bike already has the Meerkat cat delete fitted.
I'll probably get the Dynojet quick shifter fitted at the same time.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Guys,

Has anyone fitted a Powercommander to their Bobber yet?

I am waiting for the V&H pipes to come in. Once they are here, it is going in to get the pipes fitted and the Power Commander V fitted at the same time, as well as being dyno tuned. The bike already has the Meerkat cat delete fitted.
I'll probably get the Dynojet quick shifter fitted at the same time.
I've not gone down the PCV route for the Bobber (i am using a RapidBike module instead)
But i look forward to hearing your results & thoughts once installed and dynoed/mapped.
I think you´ll be one of the first to install a quickshifter and that should be alot of fun on the Bobber !!! :grin2:

·
Registered
587 Posts
PCV is fitted, what a pain everything is packed in tight very little room for extra stuff.

Had a little play with fueling richened it up a bit to compensate for decat/opened up cans & modified air boxes

rained a bit here so not taken it much above 110mph feels quite strong, will get dyno tune after I have got the head flowed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PCV is fitted, what a pain everything is packed in tight very little room for extra stuff.

Had a little play with fueling richened it up a bit to compensate for decat/opened up cans & modified air boxes

rained a bit here so not taken it much above 110mph feels quite strong, will get dyno tune after I have got the head flowed.
-Im thinking of doing this just cause I fitted the xpipe and pod filters. Seems like the stock computer may need a little help after my mods.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm planning to install PCV and looked at RevZilla.com. Are PCV for T120 and Bobber the same? (21-023) I want auto tune and think AT-300 is the way to go.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im getting some quotes for the PCV. They are recommending a timing module as well? Advanced and retarded timing I'm told would yield about 7-9 ponies and better fuel efficiency for lots of white knuckling.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Im getting some quotes for the PCV. They are recommending a timing module as well? Advanced and retarded timing I'm told would yield about 7-9 ponies and better fuel efficiency for lots of white knuckling.
PCV is all you need for fueling & timing, unless you want to fit autotune as well, rather than dyno it.
Go onto their website, someone is feeding you crap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PCV is all you need for fueling & timing, unless you want to fit autotune as well, rather than dyno it.
Go onto their website, someone is feeding you crap.
Sounds like I'll have to give Dynojet a call. Anyone have any setup suggestions? Maybe what to look for or watch out for?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got my Power Commander and autotune. Fuel moto have mapped it to my specs (K&N, X-pipe and no silencers). Problem is that the parts is in Detroit and i am in Sweden:|
I asked fuelmoto if the autotune is needed, they said that is was a marginal difference unless I'm making lots of changes to the bike or ride in high elevations. I look forward to your install. Take lots of pictures. Im interested in your module and O2 bung placement.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
For anyone in the UK that is interested in installing a PCV and wants it tuned/setup with a dyno run, i read about this place that came highly recommended on another forum:
Motrac : DynoJet

And another link of an ECU remapping service (invisible to dealers and no modules, etc...)
Hilltop Motorcycles 01455 610721 or 07449 006300

Just thought i would share as they both have excellent reputations...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Trirocket3, the PC 5 installation manual I found says, that you can connect a switch in order to change mappings on the road. I think this could clearly show benefits of the PC 5 when you switch between stock and modified mapping!? If you eventually installed such a switch, I was highly interested in your experiences!

Do you know, if the PV 5 impairs the Triumph cruise control???

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Trirocket3, the PC 5 installation manual I found says, that you can connect a switch in order to change mappings on the road. I think this could clearly show benefits of the PC 5 when you switch between stock and modified mapping!? If you eventually installed such a switch, I was highly interested in your experiences!

Do you know, if the PV 5 impairs the Triumph cruise control???
I´ve had the PC V on two other bikes and it has not impaired or affected the cruise control in any way.
I also have friends with LC GS´s and they don´t have issues either...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts