Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe there's already a thread on this. If so sorry. Anyone have one of these installed on the Bobber yet, putting BC drag pipes and Super Corse xpipe on. Wondering if I will need mapping.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You might actually. I just got one but haven’t installed it yet. I have air box delete and x-pipe and it’s messing with the bike a bot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
How are you seting up your bikes? As far as i know, they have not released any maps (apart from the standard setup...)
@BearJu, are you going to take it to a rolling road and have the A/F parameters altered manually via the PCV software?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was planning on doing the rolling road but when I ordered the Pcv the company I got it from called me up and asked me what mods I had and said they would preinstall the proper map. My guess is it would be whatever map they have for the regular Bonnie t120’s with the same mods.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I was planning on doing the rolling road but when I ordered the Pcv the company I got it from called me up and asked me what mods I had and said they would preinstall the proper map. My guess is it would be whatever map they have for the regular Bonnie t120’s with the same mods.

Will be interesting to see which map they use.
PC´s website has 3 maps available for the Bobber/T120 and none use the open air filters.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here you go
Hey Brandon,

Thank you for Googling it for me
So does it take over the job of the Bobber's own ECU? Is it effectively a 'we know better'/'we don't have to pass type approval' ECU?

- Pasta
I'm thinking the bike can probably adjust to the exhaust. I think it's when you do the air box eliminator is when you start having issues.

·
Vendor
522 Posts
Brandon Miller said:
I'm thinking the bike can probably adjust to the exhaust. I think it's when you do the air box eliminator is when you start having issues.
Bingo, and even with the air intakes, the bike will be fun, it will just run lean like it does from factory. We saw 5HP gains from 2000-5000 rpms with tuning on the 1200s, just richening it up. Fueling at peak rpm was fine.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Several of us are running the BC Shotguns with an x-pipe and the Stock ECU adjusts just fine. I would love to hear more about the self tuning module though!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anyone see the need for the Autotune option. I mean, once you get the thing tuned by a professional with all the goodies installed (pod filters, exhaust, maybe supercharger) would it be needed for an additional $350? I still want the PCV for efficienct mpg's and engine health longevity but that's already $450ish.

·
Vendor
522 Posts
Anyone see the need for the Autotune option. I mean, once you get the thing tuned by a professional with all the goodies installed (pod filters, exhaust, maybe supercharger) would it be needed for an additional $350? I still want the PCV for efficienct mpg's and engine health longevity but that's already $450ish.
The autotune is a nice to have and definitely beneficial. The autotune and the PCV can be had for much cheaper than those prices at fuel moto

·
Registered
16 Posts
The autotune is a nice to have and definitely beneficial. The autotune and the PCV can be had for much cheaper than those prices at fuel moto
I noticed that there is an available "map switch" for the PCV... does installation of the PCV remove the functionality of the rain vs road riding modes that the bobber has from the factory?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have one on mine, and It does make a pretty big difference. When I went to the BC drags with an x-pipe and the stock ECU alone, it ran ok, but after putting the PCV on and getting it dynoed, it upped the power by 6HP and 4 ftlb at the rear wheel. I am currently running that same tune with open filters and a set of Tridents and it seems good, but I am going for another dyno tune next week, I will let you know the results if interested?

When I bought the PCV I had bought an auto tune module as well to be installed at the same time, when I went to get them installed the shop did not have a welder working that day (oops) even though they knew I was coming. I suspect that they were hesitant to tackle it as the PCV module takes up the only really available space in the battery box, so hiding auto tune module would be difficult.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have one on mine, and It does make a pretty big difference. When I went to the BC drags with an x-pipe and the stock ECU alone, it ran ok, but after putting the PCV on and getting it dynoed, it upped the power by 6HP and 4 ftlb at the rear wheel. I am currently running that same tune with open filters and a set of Tridents and it seems good, but I am going for another dyno tune next week, I will let you know the results if interested?

When I bought the PCV I had bought an auto tune module as well to be installed at the same time, when I went to get them installed the shop did not have a welder working that day (oops) even though they knew I was coming. I suspect that they were hesitant to tackle it as the PCV module takes up the only really available space in the battery box, so hiding auto tune module would be difficult.
YES, WE ARE INTERESTED! PLEASE POST RESULTS! :smile2:

-GPz/Gary

1 - 20 of 23 Posts