Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ok, I finally got around to getting the power commander installed and had them do a Dyno tune. I already had the Motone decat, V&H exhaust, and the sprint pod filters on so this is just a before and after on the PCV.

Obviously, I’ve got some questions for the group. Does anyone know why the ECU is cutting the throttle at high RPM? I hadn’t seen this before on other Dyno runs so I wasn’t quite sure what was going on when I saw it. How do I fix this?

Overall, I was pretty stoked with a 4hp and 3ft/lb increase with just the PCV but curious what’s going on with the cutoff because it’s stopping me from really getting going on serious engine mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
There is a hard coded rev limiter, and a hard coded speed limiter, not sure if you can circumvent the rev limiter, I don't have any reason to, @Trirockets might know more on that issue. But, I do know at this point no one has cracked the speed limiter.

Sort of, there is a way to get around the Rev limiter.

The best I can gather is that due to the camshaft profiling, the exhaust is left lower in order to help with scavenging(a requirement for almost all vehicles). I haven't purchased a new camshaft, but Trirockets certainly has, and he's put in multiple versions with different profiles for the exhaust valve. What I've seen is pretty significant from just the TEC Camshaft https://shop.tecbikeparts.com/products/cam-303

I have had my bike tuned with PCV, decat, slash cuts and airbox delete. And while it certainly is beastly now, it still leaves me wishing I could produce more from the engine. Trirockets says he's about to pump out 120bhp at the rear so we'll see

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to buy the TEC cam and give it a try, I’ll post the before and after Dyno when I get it done just to see if it does much. The shop told me it isn’t going to matter so long as the ECU is cutting fuel at high RPMs so we’ll see, not sure if this will help at all or do anything. It’s only some more green fun tickets to find out so why not.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I decided to buy the TEC cam and give it a try, I’ll post the before and after Dyno when I get it done just to see if it does much. The shop told me it isn’t going to matter so long as the ECU is cutting fuel at high RPMs so we’ll see, not sure if this will help at all or do anything. It’s only some more green fun tickets to find out so why not.
Did you find the TEC cam on their US site? I couldn't find it when I looked the other day, but I could see it in the English site.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It will increase power but rpm will be the same, 400rpm more can be added with pcv, but speed limit will stay, so although you have more power, max speed will not change.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will increase power but rpm will be the same, 400rpm more can be added with pcv, but speed limit will stay, so although you have more power, max speed will not change.
If I increase the RPM limit will it also fix the throttle restriction that started at 6,200RPM? Or just move it up another 400 RPM? I guess I don’t care really for more RPM, I’d just like it to not start cutting throttle 700rpm before redline. Either way, I will figure out what their cam can do, should be fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts