Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ordering the bobber black specific forward controls and mounting kit, and being assured they would be matte black, the parts that arrived were very silver :|

A quick trip to the powder coaters soon sorted the problem, and all for a measly £35.

Pleased with the end result

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very cool! How do you find the ride now with the change in foot position but still relatively the same riding position? Are you considering getting the high handle bars now too?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool! How do you find the ride now with the change in foot position but still relatively the same riding position? Are you considering getting the high handle bars now too?
The riding position is so much more comfortable, I would have no hesitation in recommending the forward controls to anyone.
I'm not a tall person (5'11") but I used to get aching knees after a relatively short time, this has now totally disappeared.

Since this picture was taken I have added some (very) wide beach bars. I am personally not a fan of the mini ape hangers on the bobber.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interesting, thanks! I'm wrestling with going with either the forward controls or highway pegs. With the roads around my home being kind of shite, having the ability to stand up on my pegs from time to time is very helpful. So, I'm leaning towards the highway pegs at the moment. I am also 5'11, so I too would like some options when on the longer rides.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I stand up on my forward pegs to go over unavoidable pot holes, and when my butt goes to sleep on longer rides ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
@p-trax
Would you mind sending me the catalogue numbers/codes of all the pieces you ordered?
I think after your and DavidRb’s posts, I’m going to give the forwards a try.
No point buying the (much more) expensive Wunderkind if I end up going back to stock, so OEM forwards will be perfect to try out.
Also, looks wise I prefer silver (but not chrome!) footrests and not all black for my 2017 Bobber.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I stand up on my forward pegs to go over unavoidable pot holes, and when my butt goes to sleep on longer rides ;)
Never having had forward pegs before, I was under the impression (having been told) that you can't really stand up on those pegs... So, it's good to know that it is still possible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@p-trax
Would you mind sending me the catalogue numbers/codes of all the pieces you ordered?
No point buying the (much more) expensive Wunderkind if I end up going back to stock, so OEM forwards will be perfect to try out.
Also, looks wise I prefer silver (but not chrome!) footrests and not all black for my 2017 Bobber.
I can’t get the configurator to load to look up parts for you.
There are only 2, one is described as ‘forward controls’, if you select this it will tell you that you need the mounting kit, which is the second ?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
For my 2017 Bobber I am getting part numbers:
A9770195
A9770115

and supposedly i will need to add a left hand header cover as well (A9600660) which no one seems to have in stock.

The Triumph configurator is a PITA; every time i try to add the forward control mounting kit, it adds the floorboards AND forward foot control kit!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For my 2017 Bobber I am getting part numbers:
A9770195
A9770115

and supposedly i will need to add a left hand header cover as well (A9600660) which no one seems to have in stock.

The Triumph configurator is a PITA; every time i try to add the forward control mounting kit, it adds the floorboards AND forward foot control kit!
Not sure re the header cover, but I’ve wrapped my pipes anyway :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
@p-trax

Hi eisen,
take a look at the page of triumphworld.de. There are different parts to order for the foot pegs depending on the building year, black or not, etc. It depends on the frame number I think.
Cya Tom

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Thanks Tom.
I spoke to the (friendly) guys at Triumph.de but ordered from WorldofTriumph UK - only cause they can ship the parts out quicker via UPS.

You are correct about the VIN number and I updated a thread HERE about it.
I didn’t bother to order the 3rd component (the heat shield/guard) as supposedly this comes standard with the V&H pipes, in which case I’m already using it. And if not, it’s not a critical piece and I’ll order it later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts