Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm toying with buying one as a second bike, my main steed is an R1200RT but I really fancy one of these for a sunday blast, I think the only mods so far I have seen is the rear mudguard mod which is a definite and maybe some louder pipes.

Just trying to find some pics of the other triumph mods, I do like the larger headlamp that has been done, be nice to see a pic of the other additional clocks installed

Test ride will follow at some point in the new year

Cheers
Stuart

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the forum! R1200RT is great for long hauls and road trips, but IMO the Bobber is more of a daily ride that you can easily take into the city.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the forum! R1200RT is great for long hauls and road trips, but IMO the Bobber is more of a daily ride that you can easily take into the city.
Better to rip around on twisty roads as well from what I recall reviews mentioning and its one of the things Triumph was aiming for in making the Bobber. HD I think has been working to improve on that as well.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi gman I had a 1200RT, still have very low mile 1150RT & 800 GT, need to sell them both as they do not get ridden anymore.
Spend my time on the TTR & bobber, mainly on the bobber I find it a really nice ride with stock seat, more than happy to go 150 miles before stopping, it is such a cool bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The power is surprising given the look and lowness of the bike. I can easily stay pinned in with no worries on a 100 mph sweeper with decent lean accelerating madly out of the end of the corner and have noticed cars speeding up to get a look at what that thing was that did that that didn't look like it should have been able to do that.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Squredeals.co.uk import the BC exhaustrs (sleepers and straight thru pipes), kind of sad that the vast majorityy of zorsts appear to be made in/by US comapnies tather than Brits!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You just want to get it right the first time ($). The exhaust thread is great. Seems to me the best sound is the cat eliminator with the Triumph Vance muff so far...but jury still out. Sure don't want to lose power or tune while making noise that doesn't sound that good idling or nailing it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I rode my favorite Indian, a Vintage, yesterday at my local demo day. It was my 4th time on a Vintage that I thought I loved . I couldn't wait to get off it and back on my Bobber which was grabbing huge attention in the parking lot. I have a garage full of sweet bikes that hardly get ridden anymore except for the Bobber! I keep telling myself its only because its the new kid on the block but I have the feeling that next year will be the same story! >:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts