Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I’m looking at a 2018 BB with 2700 mi. on it at a dealer.
It was a demo, will be sold as ‘new’ with warranty for $10,600.
It’s definitely been ridden.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
How much are you saving by buying an ex demo?

Mine is ex demo with 950 miles on the clock, and heated grips. I saved just over £2k on new... so for me it was well worth it.

As long as they give it a service, and the remaining warranty is in force, and it’s a good saving on new, go for it..:nerd:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds pretty good. I didn’t really shop around too hard but locally most dealers didn’t wanna come down much from sticker. So you are definitely saving a bit from what what I paid..gotta love impulse purchases :grin2:. Which dealer?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Jalaan
Don’t do it !
Invest money in a car or something less scary then a motorbike, certainly do NOT buy a Triump Bobber, I heard too many good things about it. Be clever and choose a nice 4wheeler.
Cu
Léon

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds pretty good. I didn’t really shop around too hard but locally most dealers didn’t wanna come down much from sticker. So you are definitely saving a bit from what what I paid..gotta love impulse purchases :grin2:. Which dealer?
I’m actually at Brooklyn Triumph.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You may think you’re saving money but, take it from so many of us who know, you’ll have so much fun spending cash on mods that you’ll totally forget you got a good deal. On the other hand, as long as warranty is in place and dealer rep is good, go for it ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
@Roy, I couldn’t agree more

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Long story short........
The bike was a bit rougher than I would’ve liked, being a demo with 2700k mi.
Even though the price was ok, they weren’t budging on it and I even ran some #s on a brand new one but,
I’m really not ready yet. I only went to check it out due to seeing an add for it and thinking I might get lucky with a
deal. Not financially ready for a new bike currently. Especially just for a second one.

I will say though, the dealership and staff were awesome.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well done for walking away mate.....Riding seasons pretty much over , If they cant move It they will probably come down on It . If they call you back tell them $10,600 OTD .

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well done for walking away mate.....Riding seasons pretty much over , If they cant move It they will probably come down on It . If they call you back tell them $10,600 OTD .
I agree. IMHO in the Northern Hemisphere this is a good time to buy motorcycles and convertible sports cars. The riding/open car season is over and everyone is concentrating on Christmas and big screen TVs. Motorcycle dealerships are not so busy. I can usually get good car/motorcycle deals at this time of the year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts