Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Spencer, check out Batterymart.com. They carry several types of batteries at reasonable prices and ship promptly. Measure the stock size and give them a call, they should be able to find you a match. If you are in a hurry check if there is a batteries+ bulbs store in your neighborhood: Motorcycle

Chico

·
Registered
534 Posts
Antigravity makes a light one that fits the box and has twice the cold crank amps over lead acid . There are a few other good lithium batteries out there .
Are those plug and play? Do they have the circuitry to be fitted straight to the Bobber?

I know you need a lithium specific trickle charger but I've heard of folk retrofitting lithium batteries and having problems with bike's charging system.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up buying the same battery that came in the bike. I got it from Revzilla. The old battery was a pain in the rear to remove.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Are those plug and play? Do they have the circuitry to be fitted straight to the Bobber?

I know you need a lithium specific trickle charger but I've heard of folk retrofitting lithium batteries and having problems with bike's charging system.
I've had an AG 801 on my bobber for the last couple of years without issue, and no trickle charging, battery tender etc.
I had to upgrade the regulator / rectifier on my 2001 Bonneville before using one but my understanding is that on more modern bikes there is no issue.
If it blows up, catches fire or destroys the charging system ill let you know....
My main reason was to free up space in the battery box to relocate the fuse boxes, OBD, and extra resistors for the indicators so the Viba cover would sit properly without being pushed up by all the wiring underneath..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

You can use a regular smart trickle charger but it will only get it up to 12.6-7, the smart lithium specific chargers can safely get them to their max around 13.5. The voltage difference doesn't seem like much but the CCA are much higher in comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts