Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to hear a pop or two on decelleration after I had this new V&H exhaust installed? I also hear sometimes when changing gears if the RPMS are a little higher....or does this mean the engine wasnt tuned correctly. Will this 12 minute tune I am reading about help?

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's one of the bonuses of swapping exhausts, if you get it just right you can get a really good pop and bang on the overrun :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have not had that problem and have been running with V&H since Feb 2017. Sorry to hear about your experience.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Eisen77 is completely right with what he wrote.
I had the same behaviour on mine after I installed the Remus exhaust (especially when riding it without the baffles, which I do almost always).
The booster plug fixed it right up and does a great job in general in smoothing out throttle response.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I test rode the Bobber Black with stock exhausts it was just on the verge of popping on the over-run. Which I thought was a rather good thing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I could def hear the pops on decel on my BB, but they were fairly muted. They sound much more aggresive now with the BC slash cuts, love it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm only just running my Bobber in but I noticed it's beginning to work towards popping on the over-run. Lovely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts