Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure about where the foot pegs are.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Interesting. Hope on a hard stop the persons pelvis doesn't go under the seat in front.

What weight rating will this be? I can see people liking this for more luggage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very interesting. They make more and more affordable parts for bobber in Thailand since they started production there. You can see foot pegs there on 4th pic just behind sprocket cover. It looks more subtle than the spy pics pillion seat that Triumph has been testing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ohhh, those foot pegs really are subtle. Had to squint a while to see them. The Bobber frame wasn't designed to be a two seater so I do wonder about any long term effects this may have.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Now that's gonna be one rough/hard ride for whoever or whatever decides to reside there :wink2:

There have been some nice ideas here for fitting a rack on the mudguard; from Fehling or Ural etc.
Good for ca. 5kg or so. I wouldn't put any more than that on the rear "cage".

Just my opinion. I'll be interesting to see what Triumph have up their sleeves for next year.

mike

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yea I was just gonna weld up a rack using the pannier bag mounts they have for the bike. It wouldn't look pretty but it would only be on the bike a handful of times not a constant piece so I don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very interesting. They make more and more affordable parts for bobber in Thailand since they started production there. You can see foot pegs there on 4th pic just behind sprocket cover. It looks more subtle than the spy pics pillion seat that Triumph has been testing.
Is there any pictures of what Triumph have been testing?
I've heard they're looking at a whole new bobber, rear shocks on the pillion version, sort of Harley'ish rear end.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a new Bonneville in 1971 put a 750 speed kit on it, high bars, loud pea shooter exhaust and threw out the bench seat. Just got back from VNam and folks had moved from Canada to New Jersey. Went up to Canada but stopped in Woodstock etc. on the way up. Not real good with engineering so I just stuck a Harley solo seat on the frame unattached and it arced over bumps with the battery. But the thought I might get lucky, which I did a few times, didn't occur to me. But I just had them bring a pillow with them and put it on the fender which was strong enough to hold em. Already had the foot pegs. Not likely an option for you guys.

·
Registered
368 Posts
$420 plus shipping from Thailand. Probably closer to $450 at least. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
Add anout 70kg of weight on the back end there and i really think it will take a turn for the worst on handling, love to see the state of the shock pivot bolt after 2 or 3 potholes.

Seriously though, want a pillion? - Bonnie has 2 seats.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts