Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not trying to be smart . . . . How can you tell?

The white broad(wide) part should be on the top with the flag against the flag post

Flying it with the narrow white part on the top and near the flag post is a sign of military distress to the British troops, ie captured outpost. Your enemy who captured you and setting an ambush would not know this.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The white broad(wide) part should be on the top with the flag against the flag post

Flying it with the narrow white part on the top and near the flag post is a sign of military distress to the British troops, ie captured outpost. Your enemy who captured you and setting an ambush would not know this.
Okay. I see. Thank you very much. Our U.S. flag is not so subtle. :|

·
Registered
459 Posts

for the former officer of the French army that I am 0:) the flag upside down was an evidence.:grin2:

since the time we know our english friends ..>:)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I was thinking if the wind is blowing from the right, would it be correct. I do know there is a top and bottom and it's based around the broader band, but never could figure it out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here is my Bobber in front of a local business garage in the back lane
Almost got the Union Jack on the bike, just a touch of Blue and ..BINGO !!
Another little known fact for anyone as sad as me 😄:

What is commonly known as the Union Jack, the flag of the United Kingdom, is actually only called the Union Jack when it is flown on the jackstaff on the bow of a Royal Naval ship. The correct name for the flag is the Union Flag.

·
Registered
208 Posts

What is commonly known as the Union Jack, the flag of the United Kingdom, is actually only called the Union Jack when it is flown on the jackstaff on the bow of a Royal Naval ship. The correct name for the flag is the Union Flag.
Thats correct...as a Royal Naval rating of 11 yrs calling it a Union Jack is a force of habit for me :grin2:, Many a time i have hoisted and lowered it

·
Registered
86 Posts

Thats correct...as a Royal Naval rating of 11 yrs calling it a Union Jack is a force of habit for me
, Many a time i have hoisted and lowered it
I think you've earned the right to. 👍👍😀

1 - 20 of 20 Posts