Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bobber is on a truck somewhere right now, going to be a couple of weeks.

questions.. does anyone have any pics if the frame with the tank removed, just how much junk is hidden under there?

and the tank, is the pump built in or external?
I’ve looked around for some underside pics of the stock tank but haven’t found any.
may plans are to fit a smaller wassel style tank (yes yes fuel range, I’ve had choppers with 6lt tanks before so I know the territory).

Other option is chopping a stock tank to slim it down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My bobber is on a truck somewhere right now, going to be a couple of weeks.

questions.. does anyone have any pics if the frame with the tank removed, just how much junk is hidden under there?

and the tank, is the pump built in or external?
I’ve looked around for some underside pics of the stock tank but haven’t found any.
may plans are to fit a smaller wassel style tank (yes yes fuel range, I’ve had choppers with 6lt tanks before so I know the territory).

Other option is chopping a stock tank to slim it down.
The Thornton Hundred videos are good for seeing all the underneath bits...

·
Registered
43 Posts
And yes: the pump is inside the tank.
That's one of the reasons, that to replace the tank with a new one, it will cost you over a grand from Triumph. I know this because, I wanted to replace my stock Bobber 2.5 gallon tank, with a new 3.5 gallon Bobber tank that comes on the new 2021 Bobbers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's one of the reasons, that to replace the tank with a new one, it will cost you over a grand from Triumph. I know this because, I wanted to replace my stock Bobber 2.5 gallon tank, with a new 3.5 gallon Bobber tank that comes on the new 2021 Bobbers.
Are you saying that when you order a 2021 stock tank, it comes with the pump included? Why would anyone want that? It´s an easy swap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys,
can you tell me whether it is necessary to exhaust all the petrol from the tank when removing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are you saying that when you order a 2021 stock tank, it comes with the pump included? Why would anyone want that? It´s an easy swap.
No, that is not what I said at all. What I said, was that the 2021 gas tanks holds a gallon more of gas as they are 3.5 gallons, instead of 2.5 gallons like on my 2018 Bobber and that they cost over a grand to get a new tank. That is what I said and that's all I said.

·
Registered
148 Posts
No, that is not what I said at all. What I said, was that the 2021 gas tanks holds a gallon more of gas as they are 3.5 gallons, instead of 2.5 gallons like on my 2018 Bobber and that they cost over a grand to get a new tank. That is what I said and that's all I said.
OK, thanks for the clarification. 1000 bucks for a new 2021 stock tank is a lot of money. I was thinking about swapping mine out, too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts