Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20180715_130653 by downwardvd, on Flickr

Here's the furthest I've pushed it so far but I have to ask if anyone has ran as far to the point where the last bar on the gauge disappears?
Also when I filled up it only took 1.9 gallons , this leads me to believe I still has 0.6 gallons left and I could've made it to 136 miles?

Please chime in!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yep. But the last bar on the gauge didn't disappear, but remaining trip had "---", then put in 8.97 litres.

I have done many more miles on a tank as well, when I go out directly I fill the tank real high, above the neck some way, might start taking some more pictures.

I think 145 miles has been my furthest so far, i also remember being at 137 when I had 2 remaining.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My low fuel warning light came on. The bike was brand new. I was bringing it home from the dealership. (It is a 50+ mile ride and they didn't give me a full tank.) I've forgotten how much fuel it took to fill the tank.

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
I won't play as I'll make you all jealous with my 12.1 litre tank... I don't always go to empty, I know where the cheapest fuel is and drop off there hen I'm passing...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Was just at 110 miles with two bars remaining (had been two bars for awhile so it could have been going to one shortly). Have to admit, despite that, I was definitely looking for a station just in case. But, assuming the gauge is reasonably accurate, I figure it's good for about 130 or so. I'm probably on the cautious side as I once ran out on another bike and it is one PITA. Fortunately, the guy I was with, was able to limp into the nearest station on fumes and brought back a small container of gas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I regularly fill up at 120 miles, have had nearly 145 before but I was seriously close to running empty (pumped 9.1 liters to fill it)

It depends though, if you are doing 70+ on the motorway for whole tank you wont get over 120ish

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
+1...

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
Jeez, I'm starting to get twitchy on the SM at 140...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yesterday I rode 204 kilometers (126 miles) it said I had 40 kilometers ( 25 miles ) until empty. It was in rain mode at 100 kph. On the way back in dry mode riding at 120 kph I added 2 liters I was packing or else I would have been walking

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yeah, I just hate that oh-oh feeling ? of watching the bars go too low, being on roads I don’t know with no gas station in sight. Then again, maybe it’s part of the adventure. Or, maybe I should start carrying a 1-liter fuel bottle.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I was riding like a really old fart, just bimbling along, don't know why, just on my own pondering my troubles, I looked down realized I had notched up 101 miles since filling up (always zero trip 1 on fill up )
scrolled on to miles to empty (which is very accurate on my bike) it showed 104 to empty. 205 miles unlikely to see that again as I usually give it the beans & need to fill up at 140.
Miles since fill up

Miles to empty

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Funny story,

I drove down to my dealership today (it's about an hour and a half away) to drop my bike off for it's first service/parts etc. About a half of the way there I filled it up. So I handed over my key and bike to the lass in charge of the servicing department. A few minuets later she came over and said "you know your about 420 miles short of your 500 miles service", I said no I'm not it's done 630 miles. I think you must be looking at the wrong 'mode' which is showing how many miles to my next fill up..:confused::confused:

She realized her mistake...ooops!

No harm, all these modes get me confused and I still don't know what they are all for.

At least for once it wasn't me that was embarrassed..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I was riding like a really old fart, just bimbling along, don't know why, just on my own pondering my troubles, I looked down realized I had notched up 101 miles since filling up (always zero trip 1 on fill up )
scrolled on to miles to empty (which is very accurate on my bike) it showed 104 to empty. 205 miles unlikely to see that again as I usually give it the beans & need to fill up at 140.
Miles since fill up

Miles to empty
That's the record. No point in continuing this thread. No one will ever, ever beat this. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts